Pizza Kettle

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Pizza Kettle

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon May 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Just was looking at an aftermarket addon for a weber kettle. Here's the link: http://www.kettlepizza.com/ . Not sure if it's worth $130 plus shipping. And no, I don't own stock in the company.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
fr8 train USER_AVATAR
FR8 Train
Bandolero

Re: Pizza Kettle

Postby FR8 Train » Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I have to admit that is pretty slick. Your right though the price is a little high.
"Sic 'em Bears"
boochimpa USER_AVATAR
BooChimpa
Wrangler

Pizza Kettle

Postby BooChimpa » Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 am

Watched a few videos on their website. Nice looking contraption but they really do need some video production help. Interesting comments he makes about how each time you use it the first pizza is always crappy. Then as he's taking a bite he says " it's probably not the best pizza you ever ate but it's pretty darn good!". LOL

Roger
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger

I Smoke Meat, Therefore I Am

Klose 20X50 BYC
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue May 22, 2012 11:14 am

I make mine on the trusty Belch Fire 5000 gasser, don't use a stone but thinking about one, just lay the dough out right on the grate (thicker crust), flip it once, then shift it over to the cool size and load it up with the ingredients, comes out great. Thinking about getting a stone or maybe one of Eggheads salt slabs so I can do it in my smoker.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Tue May 22, 2012 1:07 pm

OK here is the super secret PT method.
Go buy a pizza stone for less than $2. If you have trouble finding one sometimes they are referred to as "ceramic floor tiles" at your local Home Depot or Lowes. They come in appropriate sizes I think mine is 18". If you are squeamish about the thing leaching plutonium or something then go for travertine that's just sliced limestone. Season if you want then put it on the grate and let it get hot before slapping your favorite Papa Murphey's on it (cornmeal is optional) bake according to the little paper instructions or suit yourself and enjoy.
Take some of the money saved and buy Papa Tom a beer.
tarde venientibus ossa....
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Papa Tom wrote:OK here is the super secret PT method.
Go buy a pizza stone for less than $2. If you have trouble finding one sometimes they are referred to as "ceramic floor tiles" at your local Home Depot or Lowes. They come in appropriate sizes I think mine is 18". If you are squeamish about the thing leaching plutonium or something then go for travertine that's just sliced limestone. Season if you want then put it on the grate and let it get hot before slapping your favorite Papa Murphey's on it (cornmeal is optional) bake according to the little paper instructions or suit yourself and enjoy.
Take some of the money saved and buy Papa Tom a beer.

:thap: :lol:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
fr8 train USER_AVATAR
FR8 Train
Bandolero

Postby FR8 Train » Tue May 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Great idea papa tom, never would have thought of that. I'm surprised I haven't heard someone mention that before.
"Sic 'em Bears"

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”