Propane BBQ that doesnt rust !!!

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Ungovernable
Pilgrim

Propane BBQ that doesnt rust !!!

Postby Ungovernable » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:44 pm

The last BBQ i bought ended up rusting after a few months so i'm coming here to get recommendations for my next BBQ

The most important criteria before anything else is RUST PROOF !!! I don't care how much it cost, i want something that i can leave outdoor without any cover and it will resist to rain and snow (i live in Canada) without rusting !

Most so called "stainless steel" BBQ ends up rusting even if they are made of stainless, so i'm not buying anything unless somebody somewhere tested it under rain without rusting...

Other criterias : shipping to Canada or available at a local store in Quebec
Storage cabinet under the BBQ would also be very cool, like this one: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/backyard-gr ... 0195532517

I'm just an average user, i don't need any fancy features

Thanks !!
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Propane BBQ that doesnt rust !!!

Postby Okie Sawbones » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:30 am

You'll find it on aisle 5, right next to the magic pixie dust. Seriously, you'll have to go to cast aluminum or all stainless steel. A good one is Wilmington Grill. http://www.wilmingtongrill.com/
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 am

Okie Sawbones wrote:You'll find it on aisle 5, right next to the magic pixie dust. Seriously, you'll have to go to cast aluminum or all stainless steel. A good one is Wilmington Grill. http://www.wilmingtongrill.com/
Over on Chowhound, one guy said this about his Wilmington grill, "I have one of their grills at my beach house sitting outside in salt air uncovered. 20 years old. No rust. Cannot beat them if you never want to replace your grill."
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
Ungovernable
Pilgrim

Postby Ungovernable » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Thanks for the reply !

I tried to find a Wilmington Grill in Canada but i couldn't find it anywhere :(
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:44 am

Why not go with ceramic? Big Green Egg or Primo. Definetly won't/can't rust.

I know a few Canadians that love their BGEs.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
Ungovernable
Pilgrim

Postby Ungovernable » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Im currently looking at the Weber Genesis S330, lots of reviews says no rust even if let without cover, but looking at amazon there's a few reviews of users reporting rust :/

egghead wrote:Why not go with ceramic? Big Green Egg or Primo. Definetly won't/can't rust.

I know a few Canadians that love their BGEs.

Because they look horrible hahaha
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:20 pm

The Canadians I know don't look horrible 8) 8)
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
slojim
Pilgrim

Postby slojim » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 am

This is my 3rd post today about napoleon - I swear I don't have a tatoo, its just what I have the most experience with. After 2 or 3 cheap grills, I bought my first nice grill 18 years ago. I am still using it and it works great. It is a napoleon. Since it is a canadian company, it might be popular around your area. They are easy to find in the US as long as you stick to grill/fireplace shops, but are not generally carried by less specialized retailers.
RubenZ
Pilgrim

Postby RubenZ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:44 am

You won't find anything good at Wal-Mart. You want completely stainless, you have to go all stainless, and Stainless Cast burners as well. I have this http://amzn.to/1pgKfVM and don't even cover it and it sits in my Outdoor Kitchen. the only thing that has rusted is the little chain that holds that match holder lol.

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”