Is this expected or to the low side reagrding temps.

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Skjold
Pilgrim

Is this expected or to the low side reagrding temps.

Postby Skjold » Sun May 29, 2016 6:37 am

Hello everybody

Have recently bought a Napoleon P500 gasgrill. I use my grill a lot for indirect cooking and rotisseri dishes. This grill however has what I consider low maximum temperatures. When I preheat the grill and then only leaves on the left and right burner on max for indirect cooking I get a max temperature of 380 degress fahrenheit (193 degress celsius) and usually its around 370 degress F. The same happens with the rear rotisseriburner. It reaches max temp of 370 degress F. Now I know that it is all about core temperature of the meat but I do want the possibility to for example use high heat from the rear rotisseri burner and by high heat I mean above at least 210 degress celcius.

What are your opinion on the temperatures?

ps. I am from Denmark so please excuse me if I have misspelled something and thanks in advance :-)
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Is this expected or to the low side reagrding temps.

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sun May 29, 2016 9:16 am

I have a Lynx, with three burners. If I just use the rotisserie, my temps only get around 350F. If I turn on one burner, it gets to around 400F. Two burners gets 500+. Three burners get 650F.

You have six burners. So it sounds about right.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 29, 2016 10:27 am

Skjold wrote:Hello everybody
ps. I am from Denmark so please excuse me if I have misspelled something and thanks in advance :-)

My Denmark Brother, there is nothing wrong with your spelling :salut: - - - you should see the way some of us Texans butcher Webster's book. :oops:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Skjold
Pilgrim

Postby Skjold » Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 am

Thanks for your opinions :-)
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:31 pm

have you checked the thermometer you are using? I would test it first before going any farther.. or use a second thermometer that you know is accurate.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”