Kid Rock Grill: Hype or Tripe?

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Kid Rock Grill: Hype or Tripe?

Postby Boots » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:16 am

I leave it up to the collective group to form yer own opinion; I have my own which I largely keep to myself.

George Foreman probably made more off his little unit than he ever did pounding other guys into petroleum jelly, perhaps there is a similar thought process at work here.

In any event, I am happy for the guys and gals running the hydraulic stamping machines, the rivet guns, the paint guns, the packing, shipping, and accounting staffs, etc. who are now drawing a paycheck.

https://americanbadassgrill.com/be-an-american-badass
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Kid Rock Grill: Hype or Tripe?

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:59 am

I am 100% for :flag: AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS :flag: and their SUCCESS, :wav:

however, as for K.R. :dont: I can take him or leave him and as for the Grill, I think I'll leave it :roll: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Many years ago a buddy had free tickets to see Kid at Reunion Arena. Begrudgingly I went along thinking of nothing else I'd knock back a few cold ones and people watch…

First - they decided it was in the best interest of crowd control not to sell beer (I was not happy)

Second - Kid came out and blew stuff up and had fairly attractive women on stage…my mood improved.

Third - he announced a local legend and raved about this person…Then brought David Allen Coe on stage to sing with home. (Now they've got my attention)

Fourth - Kid played every single instrument on stage and played them well. I left with a whole new respect for Bobby as Bocephus calls him.

As far as the grill - I hope the folks making it are getting more than he is for putting his name on it. It is cool looking but I prefer Weber small portables.

Agree with Boots and OUP . Hope it does well for our fellow Americans making them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm

I have a lot of respect for his raw talent.
Weather it's soft , hard,classic or southern rock,country, blues,jazz or hip hop or rapp, he's got major talent.
I hope his grill does great !
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Saw him once in San Antonio (only time he has been here) and really enjoyed the show. Being a redneck from Georgia I have always been a fan of his and just saw the commercial for his grill yesterday. Pretty gimmicky but I will probably end up buying one just because I am weird like that. :whiteflag: :whiteflag:
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:05 pm

I think I'd rather buy the catapult, always wanted one. I'm weird like that...

But I hope they sell to people like say in New York Sicky, er, New York City, so they can awaken to the barbecue experience and find their inner redneck.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:49 pm

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
notorious q.u.e. USER_AVATAR
Notorious Q.U.E.
Pilgrim

Postby Notorious Q.U.E. » Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 am

Happy to support Americans but man they've got to step up their game. Sure it's American but they need to inspire with a cooker that's more impressive than that. I think Shirley or Lone Star Grillz could legitimately say American Bad Arse!! I don't think I'd buy that Kid Rock thing at half the price, it'd be a waste of money.
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 Traditional Door (3/8 thick CC and FB) Patio aka "Precious Metal"

"can't you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me and I just love your flashy ways. Guess that's why they broke and you're so paid."
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 am

I like Kid Rock and his music in fact on the way to Kerrville this weekend he was my CD of choice along with George Jones and Allen Jackson. As for the grill it is what it is and that is small, lightweight, a little overpriced but it is a gimmick grill so I expect that. The smoker builders would have a time keeping the weight down and would probably be much more expensive that 125.00. Would I buy one? Nope I would not but mainly because I prefer longevity in my grills and that means buy Weber.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
harry56
Pilgrim

Postby harry56 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:05 am

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”