Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

First time ever ... BAD Weber CS!!!

Postby bogiedr » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi everybody!

Continuing the search for a replacement to my 2007 Weber Spirit 310, I looked at Broil King, (looks good), Broil Master, of course the new Genesis and a Napoleon. After looking at those I thought maybe I just order parts from Weber and rebuild mine for a lot less money as it has been a great grill. I called Weber, which has always had the best CS of anyone and Jill answered the phone. Found my records immediately and proceeded to ask how she could help. What follows is not good :angryfire:

I started to tell her Weber had replaced my burners in January 2014 and I was having issues with them. As soon as I said they had turned rusty brown, before I could explain my entire issue, she proceeded to explain to me that discoloration will happen, "especially living on the ocean in Tampa!!!!!" I attempted to explain that the ocean is 40 miles away from my house, she insisted that it is all salt water "air" and that would rust stainless. I asked her to please stop and let me finish explaining my call ... then it got better!

I stated that the burners output had decreased a great deal. Before I could tell her my cleaning ritual and why I decided to call, she proceeded to "lecture " me on proper burner cleaning methods. :banghead: she then explained to me that she did not have to see my grill to know I was doing it wrong. She said she would send me a new set of burners but they could not do that too many times ... at that point in my most professional way of talking, I lost it, but not my composure!!

I told her that we were not shipping anything to me ... I then told her that I hoped I was being recorded because I did not appreciate her constant interruptions. I explained that I did not appreciate being lectured as if I was a third grader, that I own three different grilling, smoking systems and I am not a newbie at grill maintenance and that she never allowed me to fully explain the reason for my call. I then very happily told her she just lost a client, not a customer, did she know the difference, and told her to have a very nice afternoon and I will never give Weber one red cent, ever!!! The irony here is that;

1. My grill really is still under warranty (ten years on burners, mine are technically 3 years old, grill is a 2007, it is 2017, purchased in July 2007)
2. My call was to secure a part number and then ask for a price so I could BUY NEW BURNERS FROM THEM!!!

I never intended to get anything free!! But Jill decided she was having a bad day and took it out on me. :scratch: So Weber now lost what was a loyal "client" and will never come back.

Sorry for the lengthy writing, but I felt you folks needed to hear what seems to be happening at Weber. Again, first bad experience, but bad enough to chase me away, crap, and I just bought a Weber Performer. Moving on to Broil King, Bull, anyone other than Weber!!

Thanks for letting me share.

BogieDr
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: First time ever ... BAD Weber CS!!!

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Bummer when this "needless" stuff happens but it does, however, what about maybe a good night's sleep and then ONE MORE call to Weber and speak with someone whose name isn't Jill :?:

Just a thought :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Great advise and exactly what I was thinking of doing. After a great Nola red beans, sausage, rice dinner, good chat with my wife and three wild turkeys on the rocks, yeah, I'll give them another shot. Weber has been too good to have one rep having a bad moment blow it for the company. Thank you OUP.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:28 pm

:salut: just passing along a thought that's been given to me more times than I like to admit during my life and I can't ever remember regretting it - - - of course a couple of brews didn't hurt none either :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:35 am

Dang!! That ain't good but I bet they will make it right if you give them the chance. I have the same problem with AT&T. We were calling about a warranty issue with my daughters cell phone. The person on the phone was rude and continued to tell me to take it to a store. Hung up and called back and got someone different who handled our problem in about 5 minutes when I had just spent 10 minutes on the phone with someone who said they couldn't help me. I was glad that my daughter was sitting there through it with me so she could an example of this.
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:19 am

If it involves dialing a 800 # we try to let my wife handle it. By the time I punch 1-800 my blood pressure goes sky high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 am

AND then you get to talk to "Fatima" or "Ali Babi" who has had 6 weeks of online English communication skills - - - ?AND? your communication education consists of 76+ years of butchered Texan lingo :banghead: :angryfire: :whiteflag:
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Re: First time ever ... BAD Weber CS!!! (Updated)

Postby bogiedr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Well, I called Weber CS back this morning and spoke with Janice. I went into full disclosure about yesterdays incident and the results of the stalled conversation. I approached it as disappointing but somewhat funny. She apologized and asked if I could explain to her my issue. I told her what was going on ... bottom line, she said my warranty had just expired however not by much, maybe a few days. She then said three year old replacements should not be acting up. She offered to replace them, no charge and even wanted to know if the knobs and everything else was good. This is the world class customer service I have come to expect and appreciate from Weber :tup: So all is well with the world, Weber restored my faith in them and I am a happy boy recommending to everyone that will listen that Weber is the way to go.
Thank you for listening!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:19 pm

:tup: :salut: :cheers: Happy Ending = Weber Mending
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:37 pm

You should feel shorted if you didn't get to throw something and yell expletives …J/K - glad it worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:03 pm

It was all good, they sent me a couple of grill towels and an apron, people actually pay $25 for those, got it free. :coolnana: so it's all good.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Thanks for the follow up - - - Happy Endings ROCK :tup: :cheers:
eets-a-lot
Pilgrim

Postby eets-a-lot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am

I want to share my experience with Weber. On July 9 I sent an email to Weber explaining I had a upper cooking grill that had rusted terribly on my
18 1/2" WSM. I explained I had not registered it and I couldn't find my receipt (dated December 2016). I thought 6 months was too short time for grills to rust and I asked if the warranty would apply. The same day I got an email from Sean (customer service). He said he found my 2 other Weber grills that had been registered and if I would send him the serial number of my WSM he would look into the matter. I sent him the serial number (July 10) and his reply on July 12 was that he had registered my WSM and he is sending me all three grates including the charcoal grate (no charge). I should have it in 7-10 days. He thanked me for being a long time Weber user. I received a box of 3 grates on July 14. I'm glad bogdier gave Weber a second chance and that they made his complaint "right". I am sold on Weber grills and customer service.

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”