Gas bbq for beginner

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Superlolloz
Pilgrim

Gas bbq for beginner

Postby Superlolloz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi everyone from Italy.
I am new here and I woul ask you help to decide what is the best grill to start with. Unfortunately I can just buy a gas grill (flat rules) and in Italy we don't have the choose as you in US, but I would start with a Weber. I think that people from texas can help me better in choosing. I saw two models, the Weber Spirit Original E-310 and the new Weber Genesis II E-210, in the shop they have exactly the same price. I will put it on my balcony, I like the spirit for size a 3 fires, the Genesis for the quality in general and because it is newer. What do you think is the best? My idea is to grill sometimes just for me and my wife and sometimes for dinner with friends (6 to 10 people).
Thank you
I am so excited to start my new grilling life
Lorenzo
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Gas bbq for beginner

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Howdy and Welcome Lorenzo, as for myself, I'm not qualified to recommend a gas grill However, there are several qualified members here that should be addressing your question real soon. After you get your Grill be sure to share some pics and cooks with us, OK :?: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 pm

I use a gas BBQ , it's real easy, just use as if a gas cooker that you use inside your house. My fave is now the oup beer butt chicken. Search it on here and give it a go. You might want to buy some of the sponsors forum here's sucklebusters product. It's lip smacking.

Welcome and good cooks, don't forget pics too.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Welcome Superlolloz,

First things first, In the rules of the forum, anyone from Italy has to send the member ( woodenvisions ) a few bottles of Limoncello that you guys absolutely make better than anyone in the WORLD !!
LOL !, Just messin with ya.

But in all seriousness , Italy knows how to make that stuff, and imo better than anyone.

As for the gas grill, I'm not much help with pionting you in the right direction, but as OUP says, someone sure will. Just hang tight, someone will help you.

Again, welcome, and have fun. :):)
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Ciao Amico!

I used to have a fancy gasser (reknowned around here as the Gas Belcher 5000), but have not passed gas :shock: in some time. But I have heard some good things from some people about the Genesis. Weber makes good durable products w good support and advice, you would probably do fine with either one. Just note that for the most part you would be doing grilling (fast and hot, good for steaks, chicken parts, and fish) as opposed to smoking (low temps and slow for slow smokey roasting).

Well worth it if you can get either unit equipped with a rotisserie unit for slower but still hot roasting, suitable for whole birds like turkey or big beef roast cuts, or even a whole ham.

Arriverderci - Boots
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
Superlolloz
Pilgrim

Postby Superlolloz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 am

Ciao All
Thank you for the warm welcome and tips (also if you are more experienced with real grilling stuff either than gas grills).
I think that I have to prepare a lot of Limoncello with the grandma recipe for you :D woodenvisions it is not the only thing that we are doing well :laughing7:
For now I am more orientated on the Weber Spirit E-310, but I am still in time to change.
I hope to have some more answer from more experienced guys, but in any case I am sure it will be a good point to start with.
Good bbq to everyone.
Ciao

Lorenzo
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 am

Can't go wrong with a Weber I don't think.
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

I've got a Weber Genesis. 3 burners plus a searing burner. Great grille if your looking for a gasser.
Sorry to say tho...I ain't taken the cover off it in over a year and a half.
I should sell it but the wife and kids got it for a Father's Day gift a few years back and ya never know, I may need it for grilling a bunch of hot dogs someday. :lol:

Bill
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Superlolloz wrote:Hi everyone from Italy.
I am new here and I woul ask you help to decide what is the best grill to start with. Unfortunately I can just buy a gas grill (flat rules) and in Italy we don't have the choose as you in US, but I would start with a Weber. I think that people from texas can help me better in choosing. I saw two models, the Weber Spirit Original E-310 and the new Weber Genesis II E-210, in the shop they have exactly the same price. I will put it on my balcony, I like the spirit for size a 3 fires, the Genesis for the quality in general and because it is newer. What do you think is the best? My idea is to grill sometimes just for me and my wife and sometimes for dinner with friends (6 to 10 people).
Thank you
I am so excited to start my new grilling life
Lorenzo

Any Weber you pick should be good. First, decide how much grill space you need, whether you will be using it mostly for offset or direct grilling, and how much balcony space you have. Those grills will get hot! By all means use a ruler to figure out the logistics. If you'll only ne cooking for two most of the time, and the larger amount once in a while, you might be able to cook whatever you're cooking in shifts and keep the 'done' stuff warm somehow while you start the new batch.

And welcome aboard.
Moink!
SMOKEYJIM44
Pilgrim

Postby SMOKEYJIM44 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 pm

I have an e 310. You can't go wrong with it. Generally, I cook with the center burner off, and use the burners on each side. Works pretty good for sort of direct/indirect heat. All 3 burners on high will get you to 600 degrees right quick. :shock: :salut:
Back in Texas, at last !!!! :texas:
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Lorenzo! Hola y Bienvenido!!
Let me say that Woodenvisions is right, Limoncellos all around, however, a few bottles of small batch artisan chianti to enjoy with a grilled NY strip would be awesome!!
Anyway, I hope I am not too late to offer my recommendation. I have owned a Weber Spirit e 310 since 2007. It has been a fantastic grill. You can't go wrong with Weber. I am now at the point that I need to replace it, age is really showing. I am strongly considering a Genesis. I cook mostly on charcoal, (Weber Performer, Kamado Joe), but it is such and advantage to have a gas grill, great with a plancha for breakfast and delicate fish. If you still have a chance to move up to the Genesis, do it. If you already have the Spirit, you will not regret it.
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”