Walmart is Confused...

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Walmart is Confused...

Postby rms827 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:33 am

That's about the nicest way I could put it, LOL.

So, up near the entrance to the local store, we have THIS:

IMG_1264.JPG
50.8 cents a Lb... Not so hot a price (pun intended)

Now for those who are half blind like me (LOL), that's two bags of 16.7 lb Kingsford charcoal for $16.97. What's more, they're acting like that's a great deal, LOL. Here's where it gets fun... Go to the indoor portion of the lawn and garden area and what do you have? Two 15 Lb bags bundled together:

IMG_1262.JPG
26.2 cents per Lb...

Somebody's pricing math is just ALOT off... Isn't buying in bulk supposed to be cheaper? Maybe it's that new "progressive" common core stuff that the government is so in love with, LOL
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Walmart is Confused...

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 11, 2018 7:26 am

Sad Part IS "THEY" used to be a quality Family Store, however, SUCCESS has changed all of that.
Something that happens everywhere/everyday, I sad to say. :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
red farr USER_AVATAR
Red Farr
Wrangler

Postby Red Farr » Fri May 11, 2018 8:15 am

....I'm leaving now..>
Red
...Blue Skies and Green Lights...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 11, 2018 9:55 am

Red Farr wrote:....I'm leaving now..>
Red

Thank you for shopping Walmart :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:27 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sad Part IS "THEY" used to be a quality Family Store, however, SUCCESS has changed all of that.
Something that happens everywhere/everyday, I sad to say. :banghead:

Yep. Happened after Sam died and the kids took over. Seems to happen whenever a company gets too big. Amazon, banks and the wireless carriers being other great examples. I call it "Too big to care" syndrome. I'm very pro-business BUT the more I see, the more I think companies should be limited to regional size like banks used to be. End of rant, LOL
Rec Tec 680

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 11, 2018 2:50 pm

I remember knowing Recording Artist and Musicians that were really good, got a record and were on their way.
Then after a couple years you would see them back gigging at the local smaller Joints. Most of the time it was "simply" that they could not handle success. :dont:
mule rider USER_AVATAR
Mule rider
Rustler

Postby Mule rider » Sun May 13, 2018 6:37 pm

$ 7.88 is what I paid last year just before 4th of July. I bought 5 double bags to last me for a while.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 13, 2018 6:39 pm

The double bags that I get at Home Depot are 18.6 lb each. :dont:
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:27 am

OldUsedParts wrote:The double bags that I get at Home Depot are 18.6 lb each. :dont:

Yeah, Kingsford seems to be all over the place bag weight wise. 18.6 lb each at Home Depot, 16.7 and 15 Lbs at Wally World, smaller bags at grocery stores, etc... That's an example of why I look at everything on a per unit price. Not everything is as blatant a ripoff as the 16.7 lb bags at Walmart.
Rec Tec 680

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 am

Charcoal isn't the only product that Wally World is ripping their customers off with - - - take a look at their Coffee Prices and then compare the quanity. If it wasn't for a couple items that I can't find anywhere else and "THE WIFE" I would never darken their doors again. :tdown:
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Charcoal isn't the only product that Wally World is ripping their customers off with - - - take a look at their Coffee Prices and then compare the quanity. If it wasn't for a couple items that I can't find anywhere else and "THE WIFE" I would never darken their doors again. :tdown:

Oh yeah, I could get upon my soap box here, LOL. Amazon is even worse, and bigger than the 8 largest brick and mortar companies put together (incl Walmart). Keeping on topic though, that's exactly why I break everything down by ounces or punds or however it's sold. LOTS of pricing games nowadays, some blatant, and some a bit more sneaky.
Rec Tec 680

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 pm

I should check price vs quantity more than I do but I have so much faith in H.E.B. :texas: and I try to shop "their brands" whenever possible. :dont:

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”