Charcoals firing up....

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Charcoals firing up....

Postby Russ » Fri May 18, 2018 5:51 pm

My daughters birthday was Wednesday and family day here tomorrow and her choice of starter and main. Her choice is leg of lamb boned and roller and a chicken 1.5kg, both done over charcoal on my rotisserie cooker. Due to weather I'll prolly be cooking in the garage. Pics to follow tomorrow. Last time I did lamb my daughter raved how good it was. Her choice of chicken croquettes as a starter and sides for the lamb are hasselback potatoes fried cabbage and bacon and also a mash of carrots pumpkins and parsnip. My kids and grandkids look forward to their birthdays.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bondobill
Outlaw

Re: Charcoals firing up....

Postby bondobill » Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm looking forward to the results, Russ :salut: :chef:

I aint ever done lamb :dont: But I would like too. :D

cheers :cheers:
Bill
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat May 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Russ
I was at my local restraurant supply outlet this morning. They had fresh not frozen boneless leg of lamp. Pretty good size hunk of meat. I should of,could of, but didn't grab one. Wanted to get your suggestions first on how to BBQ one, and what seasoning would one use :?:

I've only had lamp once before. Can't remember whether it was a shoulder or leg. It was to die for. We got it in Christchurch. It was take away from that fella that cooks it and sells it out of a storage container.

Bill
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm

bondobill wrote:Russ
I was at my local restraurant supply outlet this morning. They had fresh not frozen boneless leg of lamp. Pretty good size hunk of meat. I should of,could of, but didn't grab one. Wanted to get your suggestions first on how to BBQ one, and what seasoning would one use :?:

I've only had lamp once before. Can't remember whether it was a shoulder or leg. It was to die for. We got it in Christchurch. It was take away from that fella that cooks it and sells it out of a storage container.

Bill

That would be pedros slow cooked shoulder, or fore quarter as we call it. The front leg. Exactly what I'm cooking today. This is the meat I'm cooking in a few hours. The lamb you would have eaten is the best cut of meat IMHO.

Russ
image.jpeg
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat May 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Some pics 30 mins in.

Russ
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat May 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Oil s and p and rosemary smothered.
Russ
image.jpeg

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat May 19, 2018 10:24 pm

Birds on and hasselback tatters looking good.

Russ
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looking sharp!!
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat May 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Shaping up as a good feed. And take a look at that license plate - gave me a chuckle. Which sparked a thought that hit my head with a question like a walnut out of a tree - what brands of cars you got on the roads down there? I thiught Ford had its own line of models fer the Aussie/NZ market itself, and I figured Japanese and British lines might make sense, but beyond that I had no earthly idea. Australia and NZ have their own manufacturers and makes?

By the way, pls post more photos of the rotisserie lamb, once I saw you were putting it on the meat spinner my interest level went up even higher.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 am

Boots wrote:Shaping up as a good feed. And take a look at that license plate - gave me a chuckle. Which sparked a thought that hit my head with a question like a walnut out of a tree - what brands of cars you got on the roads down there? I thiught Ford had its own line of models fer the Aussie/NZ market itself, and I figured Japanese and British lines might make sense, but beyond that I had no earthly idea. Australia and NZ have their own manufacturers and makes?

By the way, pls post more photos of the rotisserie lamb, once I saw you were putting it on the meat spinner my interest level went up even higher.

Hi boots, my car the front one is VE commodore, a Gm product made in Australia. Ironically they shutting up shop in oz ATM. I believe they are bringing them from overseas. I've always been a ford man, and saw a mustang one day going to,school. I fell in love with them. I bought a 66 notchback in 98. Recently sold it and on lookout for something else. I've always been called rascal, variation on Russell. The VE is a V6 wagon, I need a wagon for my work, but couldn't find a ford falcon wagon. The car behind mine is the wife's, an AU XR8 series lll falcon. It has a 5 litre motor and man it hauls ar$e. Her number plate is lpinkl as her nick name is pinky. There's lots of American cars here, we have some great car shows. Btw the meat was amazing, no pics , kids were hungry,lol. Chicken moist as.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 am

Looks great Russ. I still love that rotisserie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Looks great Russ. I still love that rotisserie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was telling my kids yesterday, I reckon that wee pit is the best thing they ever bought me. From memory it was $120. There was NOTHING left over. Kids both took leftovers for their lunch today.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon May 21, 2018 12:28 am

My first was a 67 notchback Mustang. Those were the days - you could take it apart and put it back together with a common screwdriver and a crescent wrench - Kiwis might call it a “spanner” which I think is proper name rather than crescent wrench. We changed the 289 out for a 302 from a Montego. It was a giddyup pony! Wish I had it back now. But I do have a 2010. Fits me like a kid glove.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Boots wrote:My first was a 67 notchback Mustang. Those were the days - you could take it apart and put it back together with a common screwdriver and a crescent wrench - Kiwis might call it a “spanner” which I think is proper name rather than crescent wrench. We changed the 289 out for a 302 from a Montego. It was a giddyup pony! Wish I had it back now. But I do have a 2010. Fits me like a kid glove.

Yeah , sum thing about the stangs eh? Not a fan of the fast backs though,lol. A customer of mine (rich dude) was in Vegas and got munted and bought a brand new mustang a few Years ago. Didn't remember til he woke up,the next day. Had it shipped here to Chch. Then sold it, crazy eh? Maybe I'll update to a newer one soon? That or an old classic like I used to own in the 80s. Took the family all over nz . Great memories.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 21, 2018 4:43 pm

bondobill wrote:Russ
I've only had lamp once before. Can't remember whether it was a shoulder or leg. It was to die for. We got it in Christchurch. It was take away from that fella that cooks it and sells it out of a storage container. Bill

Since I hadn't browsed this post yet, I decided to look at it closely and in doing so, I find that Wild Bill's nickname must be Ralphie. Just yankin yer leg a little Wild Bill. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
LegOfLamp.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Mon May 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Ya got me in on that one em :lol: :lol:
I had to go back and look at my post. :oops: That's what happens when I try to post with a dump phone. :laughing7:

Bill

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”