Toothpick Alternative

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Bockbock
Cowboy

Re: Toothpick Alternative

Postby Bockbock » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:26 pm

I live in San Antonio and purchased some halapeno stuffed bacon wrapped pork tenderloins at Bolners. I removed the metal ones they used and kept them. Maybe you can do that if there is a meat market in your area. They seemed to be the card holders that someone posted.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:13 pm

thanks for all the great suggestions, Y'all :salut: - - - I had no idea that my options were so abundant - - I just finished burning the "PRE-soaked" ends off of 4 wooden toothpicks so I"ll be purchasing something very soon. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Here's a photo of what I mentioned yesterday. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I use mine a lot!

Just don't let em roll down the garbage disposal then run your hand in there real fast to grab em! :banghead:
Attachments
Cocktail Picks.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:44 am

finally got that RoundTuit that I had misplaced and ordered some metal meat card holders - - - can't wait to try these out - - - I think they're gonna be the "Cat's Meow" for me. Thanks again for all the great ideas. :tup:
IMG_0026.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Finally used the "toothpick alternatives" - - aka metal meat card holders on some ABTs today and they are just what these Old Fangers needed. :tup: ABTs stayed together perfectly when I turned them over along with being easier to grasp and handle as a unit. :tup:
BigDave
Bandolero

Postby BigDave » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:45 pm

We have used turkey lacing pins for years. These are kinda expensive but Walmart and Dollar General usually have them for a couple bucks. You can wash em and re-use em.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel- ... less+steel

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”