Had a weak moment

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Had a weak moment

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:57 pm

I NEVER order anything from TV Infomercials NEVER NEVER NEVER. That is except for last week when I had a lapse of brain function and ordered the HOT HANDS BBQ Gloves. There SPECIAL OFFER included a FREE extra pair PLUS a digital meat thermometer. Well, I had been planning on buying me a pair of Q gloves and my youngest son can use the extra pair plus the thermometer so I went online and bit the bullet.

Got them today and they look great along with the thermometer, however, the "Warning" on the Gloves was kinda odd since the dude on the commercial hold a propane torch to the ones on his hands.
IMG_0004.JPG

OH WELL, they sure are purdy ain't they ?
IMG_0003.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Had a weak moment

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:03 pm

I have something similar to that. Pretty good for handling meats straight off the pit. The fun part is getting them off when they are covered in grease…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:07 pm

bsooner75 wrote:I have something similar to that. Pretty good for handling meats straight off the pit. The fun part is getting them off when they are covered in grease…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the truth!

I've gone over to Malcolm Reeds Method. Some thick gloves under the nitrile. It works very well.

I will say though, those are great around the house. I used mine today with some super hot cast iron.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:36 am

I have always wondered if something like that would work with cast iron. Now I know. Thanks 1911. Where did you order them OUP?
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:12 am

Let us know how that actually handle hot stuff OUP. I don't like using the double glove method (nitrile gloves over cotton gloves). Been looking for a good pair of "hot gloves".
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:22 am

castironchris wrote:I have always wondered if something like that would work with cast iron. Now I know. Thanks 1911. Where did you order them OUP?

Ratcheer - - - - > https://www.gethothands.com/?mid=7743355

Finatic wrote:Let us know how that actually handle hot stuff OUP. I don't like using the double glove method (nitrile gloves over cotton gloves). Been looking for a good pair of "hot gloves".

Will do, Fin, however, I'm sure that I won't give them the testing that others here might but I'll sure post up a report when I try them out. They might get tested on a pan of cornbread a la Castiron Skillet by tomorrow. Can't have Collards without cornbread :roll: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”