? K.I.S.S.n Cheap Thermometer

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

? K.I.S.S.n Cheap Thermometer

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Most all of my cooks are relatively "small" compared to most of Y'all, however, I would like to find a Simple, Inexpensive, Remote and Easy to Use Thermometer for things like Chicken, Roasts and Reebs. It doesn't have to provide signals any further than a few feet from the Smoker/Grill and I don't want anything that has to be downloaded, just install battery/ies and turn it on. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: ? K.I.S.S.n Cheap Thermometer

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Never had any problems with my ET-733

Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker Meat Thermometer Set - NEWEST VERSION With a Larger Display and added Features (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHAANNC/re ... cyb6FVRSMC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:53 pm

thank Ya :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:58 pm

What a great site, it even gives me delivered price to ch ch. I have a lot of hand probes that I use in my conveyor belt cookers. They go up to 250celsius. But I've never used for cooking, hmmmmm. Thanks for the jolt I needed.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Pardnah, my primary reason for even considering one is that this Pellet Grill is supposed to be set and forget but I find myself looking instead of cooking on the darned thing. So ?maybe? this will enable me to fire her up, feed her pellets as needed and remove the carcass when it's done. Also the temp gauge on the control box is "never" the same or even close to the one on the lid which counts the most. :scratch:

Besides that, I love BBQ toys :dont: :laughing7: :D :lol:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:15 pm

It costs a few more bucks but Thermoworks just released the Smoke. It looks really nice.

http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:12 am

I've been looking at Thermoworks's offering - pretty sweet package. Hard for me to justify at this point since my Maverick is still chugging along. In fact, I haven't needed the Maverick in years once I checked it against "Blue" ;)

Still, there's always the "Whaddaya want for Christmas?" banter every year. Might have to toss that out as a suggestion.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 am

txsmkmstr wrote:Still, there's always the "Whaddaya want for Christmas?" banter every year. Might have to toss that out as a suggestion.

T-smoke, that's exactly what prompted my inquiry this time - - - but problem is can I wait now :?:
red farr USER_AVATAR
Red Farr
Wrangler

Postby Red Farr » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:49 am

Acurite academy sports 12 or 13 bucks , think academy has a 90 day return on it , has a signal but not remote , wired system probe to unit , I have 5 and have had no trouble with any of them , have been using them 4 or 5 years now instant read something called Palermo from amazon accurate but not fast , lifetime guarantee 20 bucks a piece of junk but if it stops working you get a new one mine is pushing a year old now , no trouble yet

most of the better ones are delicate don,t drop them most of them have limited warranties then your on your own

Red
...Blue Skies and Green Lights...
BarbieQ
Pilgrim

Postby BarbieQ » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:00 pm

I just received my Thermoworks Smoke Remote thermometer last week. It works great! Opened the box, powered it on. The remote connected within a few seconds, no programing required. I used it this weekend and it worked just as advertised! I was able to easily set the alarms, and took the remote inside and work in my basement and I never lost the signal. I would totally recommend it!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Thanks BarbieQ. It may be going on my Christmas list.

I took advantage of their ThermoPop sale last week. So far I really like it.

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Can't beat the 733 , BEST bang for the $ imo
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:04 am

I'm a huge fan of my Igrill2. But it's not cheap. I will say I have a Walmart digital thermometer that is going on 2 years old and still measures within 2 degrees of my Igrill2. Think I paid $17 for it.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:18 am

Thanks for all the input, Y'all, I've got this one coming, courtesy of a Friend. I was told that it has even been pre-cured and has the good smokey smell to it. Thanks Anonymous :tup: :salut:

https://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Remote- ... B0000DIU49
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:22 am

:tup: It will make a big difference in the success of your cooks.

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”