Thermometer suggestions? Multi Probe..

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

TrudysUnderground
Pilgrim

Thermometer suggestions? Multi Probe..

Postby TrudysUnderground » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:04 pm

Hey all.. I am looking for a reliable thermometer that would allow me to have several probes working at the same time. Is the Redi Check Maverick one the best? I am looking to make my life easier and have all 12 briskets plugged at once, to minimize confusion, over cooking, and losing heat from constant checking.. any tips would be appreciated!
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Re: Thermometer suggestions? Multi Probe..

Postby TX1911 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm a fan of the Maverick. Especially for the price.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Can't say the Maverick is the best cause it's all I ever used.
Got 2 Mavericks and very happy with em.
Make sure to order whatever you get that they come with 6ft probes...and order some extra probes. Eventually you'll need them

Bill
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:16 am

Mav et733 gets my vote

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
johnnyutah USER_AVATAR
JohnnyUtah
Pilgrim

Postby JohnnyUtah » Thu May 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Have you checked out Fireboard? I just ordered one and should be getting it tomorrow. Love the fact its WIFI and logs all of your cooks with the app. Its a bit pricey but the only one like it. https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireboar ... ermometer/
LSG 24x36 offset
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:13 pm

I just ordered a Maverick ET 733 with 2 6' probes. I'll test it out and report in.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:48 pm

bobcat1 wrote:I just ordered a Maverick ET 733 with 2 6' probes. I'll test it out and report in.

Love mine. A couple of tips given to me by the Maverick folks after I ruined a couple of probes. Wrap the point where the wire connects to the probe in a little foil. Also, wrap foil around the wire where your pit door closes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
bobcat1 wrote:I just ordered a Maverick ET 733 with 2 6' probes. I'll test it out and report in.

Love mine. A couple of tips given to me by the Maverick folks after I ruined a couple of probes. Wrap the point where the wire connects to the probe in a little foil. Also, wrap foil around the wire where your pit door closes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sir!
WVS
Pilgrim

Postby WVS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 pm

This is a must have for any serious BBQ chef or any one in general. This Thermometer is very versatile and can be used for multiple applications. I will leave a link to the Thermometer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B074H72QM2

81r315mCwDL._SX522_.jpg
81r315mCwDL._SX522_.jpg (74.6 KiB) Viewed 11000 times

Here's just a few reviews:

*(Perfect meat thermometer! I love that the temperature is shown digitally, seems to be super accurate and has a quick response time. It's compact and foldable and easy to store as well. The display is perfect size and easy to read. The handle portion is perfect for checking the temperature, it's not small and does not get hot like the all metal thermometers. It's great for grilling or quickly checking the temperature of something in the oven. It cannot be left in the over for a long time as it will melt the plastic. It works great for beverages as well, I love to use it for my coffee and tea! Also when we have more children I will use it for testing the milk temperature and bath temperature. Seems to be pretty water resistant in case it's washed or falls into the water. Not sure if it will hold up long if its submerged for a long time. I also love the auto-stuff off feature after 10 minutes or after the probe is closed, never have to worry about leaving it on).

*(Although my primary reason for buying this meat thermometer was for barbecue use in the summer I am finding it useful all year in the kitchen. It folds neatly and takes little space in a kitchen cabinet drawer.
The probe is easy to keep clean and the temperature range is massive and highly accurate. It can be easily switched from Fahrenheit to Celcius by pressing the lower blue button, while the upper blue button holds the temperature reading. The middle red button is just for on/off. The display is clear and easy to read).

*(This is the Best meats thermometer I have ever used.I really like the flip open design,It didn't take me long to start using it like my switch blade temp probe,lol.This is very easy to use and fits perfect in my BBQ Apron and is always with reach.This is a well built unit but not heavy or cumbersome in your pocket.This unit is powered by a single AAA battery and fits nicely in the back through an easy access panel.I use this on the grill,smoker,oven and even the stove top to check all of my Beef pork and poultry.I am also a hunter and eat wild game,This tool makes sure our meat is cooked to a safe temp).
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:46 pm

WVS wrote:This is a must have for any serious BBQ chef or any one in general.

4 to 8 seconds to read is a lifetime while checking multiple meats in a cooker. The only instant read I use for this job is Therma-Pen.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:48 pm

TrudysUnderground wrote:Hey all.. I am looking for a reliable thermometer that would allow me to have several probes working at the same time. Is the Redi Check Maverick one the best? I am looking to make my life easier and have all 12 briskets plugged at once, to minimize confusion, over cooking, and losing heat from constant checking.. any tips would be appreciated!

I love my Maverick ET-73's they are the older model but still get the job done for half the price. I am currently in love with my Inkbird 6 probe blue tooth thermometer.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
inkbirdbbq
Pilgrim

Postby inkbirdbbq » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 am

k.a.m. wrote:
TrudysUnderground wrote:Hey all.. I am looking for a reliable thermometer that would allow me to have several probes working at the same time. Is the Redi Check Maverick one the best? I am looking to make my life easier and have all 12 briskets plugged at once, to minimize confusion, over cooking, and losing heat from constant checking.. any tips would be appreciated!

I love my Maverick ET-73's they are the older model but still get the job done for half the price. I am currently in love with my Inkbird 6 probe blue tooth thermometer.

lol. great
maxprophet
Pilgrim

Postby maxprophet » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:23 pm

I've beat the heck out of a Maverick for years and can't complain at all about there quality. That said there are lots of new options with cool technology such as FireBoard and MEATER. The FireBoard can be expanded into temperature control if you are running a suitable cooker. The new ThermoWorks model Signals also has a killer display. I think this is a great overview - https://greatordie.com/tools/best-probe-thermometers/

-MP

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”