Blackstone Cover Idea

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Blackstone Cover Idea

Postby txsmkmstr » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Not my original idea but wanted to share my personal experience.

OK... So for a great plug-n-play top I can fully recommend the table from the following link...

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/lancaster-table-seating-24-x-48-heavy-duty-granite-white-plastic-folding-table/384YCZ4824.html

Ordered yesterday and twenty-three (23) hours later it showed up. Paid less than 33 bucks. About ten minutes after unboxing, the leg assemblies were off and the top was on. You do not have to remove the leg "C"-clamps.

A side view shows a gap that I'm going to fill with a beveled piece (wood?) to keep out crap from the leaf blower and provide some support up front.

Fits over the back and two sides providing a lip that prevents water from getting in. Looks pretty nice too. Top can be slid side to side and front to back so there's no need for trimming or slotting. Highly recommend you let the griddle cool completely before covering as this is HDPE and will melt.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Blackstone Cover Idea

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Woo Hoo, darned good f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fabricating, T.S. - - - just shows to go ya that, even in BBQn, "Necessity is still the Maw of Invention" :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:22 pm

Like that lid, it’s a multitasker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:19 am

I like it. Very clever and lets the Blackstone do double duty as a table when needed. :tup:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:24 am

OK... So I ditched the idea of a wooden block and went with a "swim noodle" from Walmart for 94 cents. Cut to length and it fits right in the grease trough perfectly. It's the small noodle (2.25" dia.) and while it stuck up a tiny bit above the high point of the edges the table top compressed it to a perfect fit. So far the only downside is some condensation on the griddle top that I didn't get when I was using a trash bag - go figure. Just need to oil things down real good.

The front view....

The side view...

One more thing. I cut a piece of 3" PVC pipe to the exact height of the side and placed it at the front/center of the griddle top. This provides the needed support to keep the top from sagging under a "heavy" load..... like the fan shown. :thap:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:32 am

That's using ur noodle !!:):)

Thx for the idea for mine, very kool

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”