Brisket sales this week

We love deals! If you find a great deal - share it with us!

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Scott P
Cowboy

Brisket sales this week

Postby Scott P » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:35 am

It looks like everyone is having brisket on sale this week here in the Houston area. Randall's has it for $1.77 per pound for USDA Choice. HEB has it for $1.67 per pound. That will range from Select to Prime (if you are lucky) based on what they toss in the case. For the extra cool kids (the ones that live in the Kingwood side of town), a new Kroger opens today at Valley Ranch (at 59 and the Grand Parkway) with a grand opening special of $1.49 per pound, limit 2. Kroger will be Select with a chance of choice or even Angus.

Sales run from 4/5/17-4/11/17.

I already have four briskets in the freezer and not a lot of room for more. But, I have our neighborhood crawfish boil in a month (one week after the MS150, so I will be able to eat less than stellar again) and I will need to cook four for that event, along with a pork butt, a bunch of jalapeno poppers, beans and chicken. Yes, the party has gotten a bit big over the past few years.
Last edited by Scott P on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buddha Belly BBQ Team

18" WSM
26" Kettle
rus_bro
Rustler

Re: Brisket sales this week

Postby rus_bro » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:30 am

Scott P wrote:It looks like everyone is having brisket on sale this week here int eh Houston area. Randall's has it for $1.77 per pound for USDA Choice. HEB has it for $1.67 per pound. That will range from Select to Prime (if you are lucky) based on what they toss in the case. For the extra cool kids (the ones that live in the Kingwood side of town), a new Kroger opens today at Valley Ranch (at 59 and the Grand Parkway) with a grand opening special of $1.49 per pound, limit 2. Kroger will be Select with a chance of choice or even Angus.

Sales run from 4/5/17-4/11/17.

I already have four briskets in the freezer and not a lot of room for more. But, I have our neighborhood crawfish boil in a month (one week after the MS150, so I will be able to eat less than stellar again) and I will need to cook four for that event, along with a pork butt, a bunch of jalapeno poppers, beans and chicken. Yes, the party has gotten a bit big over the past few years.

THANKS for that information Scott P. I am in Humble, and may have to stop at that Valley Ranch Kroger since i have been tasked with smoking a brisket for my Brother In Law's bday this weekend.

rb
KCBS CBJ - Smoke On The Bayou BBQ Team, Houston TX - CAPTAIN

Return to “General Store - Special Deals & Free Ads for Forum Members”