Blueberry BBQ Sauce

Anything added to the meat to make it mo better.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

xxfubarxx
Rustler

Blueberry BBQ Sauce

Postby xxfubarxx » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Has anyone ever tried a blueberry BBQ sauce ? I found this recipe that doesn't look too bad. I think I'll tweak it a little with a fresh jalapeno and not sure about the ketchup.Maybe use mustard instead. Not sure if I want to try it on chicken or maybe some country style ribs. If the weather ever clears up around here I may try it Sunday.

Ingredients

2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation
Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat; cool. Place blueberry mixture in a blender; process until smooth.
Yield

6 servings (serving size: about 1/4 cup)
Nutritional Information

CALORIES 67(3% from fat); FAT 0.2g (sat 0.0g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 0.5g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 8mg; SODIUM 194mg; FIBER 1.4g; IRON 0.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 16.9g
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:45 pm

Liable to taste purty good as a rib or chicken glaze.

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:52 pm

I was think maybe elk or bison. Had a berry sauce on reindeer medalions at a fancy Italian place once. Thought it was really good. Tried to duplicate the sauce. No Joy so I gave up and went on Atkins at the time :lol: 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:54 pm

I have not, but it sounds good, especially if you add the jaleps. My wife is making some spicey peach that needs to be tweaked a little before I post recipe.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:07 pm

It sounds like it would be more of a glaze than a sauce. :D I 'd bet it would be good on country ribs, spare ribs or chicken. :D Maybe for dipping on the side? :D :D
Jim
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Well ya big old meanie whut you doing eating reindeer? How do you know it wasn't Comet...or Cupid...or Dancer or Prancer or even...gasp shudder...Rudolf? If we have to skip Christmas one year we will know the Grinch who cuz it. :shock:

bigwheel

DATsBBQ wrote:I was think maybe elk or bison. Had a berry sauce on reindeer medalions at a fancy Italian place once. Thought it was really good. Tried to duplicate the sauce. No Joy so I gave up and went on Atkins at the time :lol: 8)
antaean7 USER_AVATAR
antaean7
Cowboy

Postby antaean7 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:38 pm

DATs, I am with Bigwheel, how could you eat a raindeer? We know who to tell CNN when Christmas doesnt come this year. DATS ATE THE RAINDEER, WOW that means the kids in your area will wrap your house EVERYNIGHT!!!!!!!! :shock: :D
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:42 pm

It was one of those troublesome ones that hang out in Anwar preventing oil exploration. Doing my part to keep gas prices down. :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Re:

Postby cowboydon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:25 am

DATsBBQ wrote:I was think maybe elk or bison. Had a berry sauce on reindeer medalions at a fancy Italian place once. Thought it was really good. Tried to duplicate the sauce. No Joy so I gave up and went on Atkins at the time :lol: 8)

Had Elk in Pagosa Springs once with some type of berry / chocolate sauce, and cherries on top, had to send it back and have the kitchen wash all that stuff off it and bring it back. Never had elk before and it was tasty with out all the sweets on it. lol
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq

Return to “Rubs, Spices, Sauces, Mops and Marinades”