Bakers Ribs - Deep Elum

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

erbeman USER_AVATAR
erbeman
Bandolero

Bakers Ribs - Deep Elum

Postby erbeman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:10 pm

So in the last few weeks I've eaten here with different people since it is so close to my office. I've heard mixed reviews, so I wasn't in a hurry to try Bakers. That being said, I've got to say, it's worth going back for sure. The value is really good. A three meat combo is $12.99 and you get free ice cream as well. It comes with two sides, or you can get a baked potatoe. The sides didn't look too good to me, but I'm not a sides guy anyway. The brisket has been cooked dang near perfecly both times. I prefer more rub, but they render the fat perfectly and have some bark. The ribs, ehhh, they aren't the star of the plate, but they are decent. The pulled pork, is good, but could use more bark. I'd say a 7 out of 10.The sausage, it tastes store bought, probably 6 out of 10. I'd give the brisket an 8. They also server huge fried pies here, that co workers bought, but I went to eat meat :D

Here are pics from my two visits.

Smokin Erbe
UDS
Weber One Touch
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Bakers Ribs - Deep Elum

Postby Boots » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Had my Bakers in Caddo Mills about 6 weeks back. Slightly above average.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I like their new location - Plenty of parking and fried pies made on site!!! Que is ok, was going there every 2 weeks after my doctors appointments at Baylor, but I have not been there in a while. Hoffman Hots is my new bi-weekly haunt, if you know where Babbs Bros BBQ is then you know where HH is !! Nice pics thx for sharing
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
erbeman USER_AVATAR
erbeman
Bandolero

Postby erbeman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:46 pm

cowboydon wrote:I like their new location - Plenty of parking and fried pies made on site!!! Que is ok, was going there every 2 weeks after my doctors appointments at Baylor, but I have not been there in a while. Hoffman Hots is my new bi-weekly haunt, if you know where Babbs Bros BBQ is then you know where HH is !! Nice pics thx for sharing

Yea, I work for Baylor. I am interested in HH. I read they are crazy expensive though.
Smokin Erbe
UDS
Weber One Touch
ndn98 USER_AVATAR
NDN98
Pilgrim

Postby NDN98 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Baker's Ribs is one of the better chains out there, although the pictures of the brisket look much better than any I have ever had at a Baker's. Never been to the Deep Ellum location, but may have to give it a try.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”