Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bondobill
Outlaw

Re: Senile Pellet Cooker

Postby bondobill » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:42 pm

OUP
Im pulling for ya bud....hope they get your pooper figured out. :mrgreen:
So far mine has been good.....knock on wood... had me fingers crossed on last weeks cook with 60lbs of prime rib in it :dont:
big test today will be a spatchcock Clucker in our weather. Right now it's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. :( Summers over here :whiteflag:

Bill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:03 pm

got a case of the PMs, eh? Pacific Monsoon :laughing7: :D :lol: I'll get this thing figgered out if Montgomery Country don't run out of Pig first :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:18 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:got a case of the PMs, eh? Pacific Monsoon :laughing7: :D :lol: I'll get this thing figgered out if Montgomery Country don't run out of Pig first :laughing7: :D :lol:

:lol: :laughing7: :salut:
Good luck me friend :cheers:

Bill
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:47 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:The word "Cooker" could possibly mean the Grill or the Operator - - - guess we'll find out some day. :scratch: Been up since 5am trying to do some low and slow St. Louis Ribs on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill and it seems to have a mind of it's own this morning. :banghead: It has already shut down to the Error mode several times so the idea of "set and forget" can be FORGOT. I"m having to baby sit it at least every 15 minutes - - - which I will use for Ribs from now on ?maybe? More on this "joke" later as I know more. :dont: Oops better run check the set and forget Toy. :whiteflag:

What were the error codes or messages?
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:50 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: well, since you asked :laughing7: when it first started happening, it was before daylight and all I saw (or cared to see) was "Errrrrr" - - However, after speaking with the Tech at Pit Boss, I realized that there were several different kinds of errors. Sooooooo, this morning when I was not cooking but only trouble shooting I got "ErrHrr" a couple of times which only meant that it was too hot and that was easy to take care of and proceed but after about 40 minutes of testing I finally got an "ErrPrr" which means power so I"m thinking that the new and improved Power Cord will fix me up. Nooooowwwww all of this remains to be seen and I have plenty of time before T-Day when I'll be depending on it to perform big time. :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:38 am

OUP...
I am glad to see you are getting the "after the sale" support you need, that is muy importante in my opinion, I get that type of support on my cookers too...(which is why I suggested you contact them in the first place)
Learning the cooker is of most importance, one of mine has a 400 degree shut down breaker that I have tripped a time or two, that was fun to learn about, it also is UL listed meaning the GFI breakers are of importance, when the igniter became faulty.... :scratch:
Lots of good stuff usually referring to the individual cooker, I was glad to see it was not your pellets
Once you get over these hurdles, you will want to map your grills to see where its hot and where its not :dont:
Life is a continual learning process as is the pellet cooker, It has so much capability in skilled knowledgeable hands.
Good Luck and keep us informed of your travel in search of the perfect que!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:06 pm

ST, finally managed to call the headquarters and the feller I spoke with was very helpful. We decided to install the newly designed probe that wires straight into the controls. Even tho I didn't have the receipt or anything handy he got my name and address and mailed me one at no cost. Received it today and I'll be installing it before the next cook.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:52 am

well, it looks like they are trying to provide you good customer service, in this day and world that is a good thing for the consumer.
Hopefully this will take care of the flameout, and temperature problems you were experiencing, you'll have to fire it up and do a cook to find out :D
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:17 am

spacetrucker wrote:you'll have to fire it up and do a cook to find out :D

yes indeed, that is on my list right below Wiffy Doc Appt and "Clean this darned house" :banghead:

there's a rack of spares waiting patiently :D thanks again for the support and inputs :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:51 pm

spacetrucker wrote:well, it looks like they are trying to provide you good customer service, in this day and world that is a good thing for the consumer.
Hopefully this will take care of the flameout, and temperature problems you were experiencing, you'll have to fire it up and do a cook to find out :D

OK, the new Probe is installed thanks to my oldest Son - - - there were two set screws not bigger than the head of a pin that I could NOT SEE so it's a good thing I called some younger eyes and hands. He got it installed and I played "GoPher" so hopefully this will solve my problems. Also got to hang out and visit with my youngin which is a Bonus. :tup:

It appeared that some damage was done at the Factory in installing and some wires were damaged and scorched due to contact with the wrong spot.

Got a rack of ribs thawing for the test-tickle and I should know in a few days if I need to make another phone call . :tup:
IMG_0002.JPG
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:57 am

kewel....
looking forward to your cooking adventures and pictures... :pig:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Well, ST, the Pit Boss and I are once again on speaking terms. Did some low and slow baby backs 3-2-1 style this morning and I could not have been happier with its performance. Temps held great (as long as I had the right P setting :D ), smoke ring was a good as any I've done, moisture was awesome, the meat stayed on the bone until you put it in your mouth, bark was beautimous AND the HIGH HEAT setting did what it was supposed to on start up and shut down - - - - ALL of this without one single Errrrrrr-or Shutdown. :tup: No pics sorry, my bad. :dont:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 pm

sounds like a good cook :cheers:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bondobill
Outlaw

Postby bondobill » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:17 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Well, ST, the Pit Boss and I are once again on speaking terms. Did some low and slow baby backs 3-2-1 style this morning and I could not have been happier with its performance. Temps held great (as long as I had the right P setting :D ), smoke ring was a good as any I've done, moisture was awesome, the meat stayed on the bone until you put it in your mouth, bark was beautimous AND the HIGH HEAT setting did what it was supposed to on start up and shut down - - - - ALL of this without one single Errrrrrr-or Shutdown. :tup: No pics sorry, mthy bad. :dont:

Good deal bud :salut:
Glad you got it figured out :D
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Seen these at Cabelas recently, seem well made, you still liking it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”