Need dessert Idea for Crawfish Boil

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Need dessert Idea for Crawfish Boil

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:59 am

Hey Gang, all of the ideas and suggestions have caused me to Google and look over the Net. As I mentioned before, "citrus" seems to dominate the ?Polls? and Sooner even mentioned Key Lime Pie. I will definitely have some kind of Citrus Pie to take and maybe even these ???? :dont: They look so easy and larapin don't they :?:

Key Lime Snowball Cookies
Prep time
5 mins
Cook time
17 mins
Total time
22 mins

With just FIVE ingredients, these Key Lime Snowball Cookies are easy to make and even easier to eat! No one can eat just one!
Author: Trish - Mom On Timeout
Recipe type: Dessert, Cookies
Serves: 2 dozen cookies
Ingredients

1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cornstarch
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp key lime juice
3 tbsp key lime zest
plus more powdered sugar for dusting

Instructions

Whisk together the flour and cornstarch. Set aside.
Beat butter and powdered sugar together until light and fluffy.
Beat in key lime juice and zest.
Mix in flour mixture just until combined.
Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
Scoop out cookie dough (about 1.5 tablespoons) and form into a ball.
Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 17-19 minutes or just until tops begin to turn golden.
Remove and promptly sift powdered sugar over the top of the cookies. Lots of powdered sugar. Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheets. Do not move them until they have cooled.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:52 am

I think we need to taste test them for approval before you give them to ur guests...

U know, just to be safe :idea: :idea: :P :P
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 am

Late to the party, but I did 40 creme brulee's for the boil we're going to on Saturday, so that's an option.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks again for all the Great Suggestions and Ideas, Y'all. This morning I reminded myself of my Mom when she would say "I've been slaving in the Kitchen all morning" :laughing7: :D But in my case it was a Labor of Love and I can't wait for the Party tomorrow.

Most of my desserts went well except, it became obvious, that I need lots of practice on making homemade Graham Cracker Crusts as proven by these Key Lime Pineapple Bars that taste wonderfull ?if you can mange to pick one up without a scoop? :laughing7:
IMG_0009.JPG

The Brownie suggestion from Egg was something I'd done many times before except I am going to call these Webster's Dictionary Brownies instead of Decadent Walnut and Caramel Turtle Mix Brownies - - - I had to look up the definition of Decadent incase that meant something that non-Protestants couldn't eat. :laughing7: Big problem here is gonna be keeping the War Dept out of them before the Party.
IMG_0010.JPG

I like Krusteaz Mixes a lot and two of these were from by them including these awesome and easy (but rather Texas sized) Myer Lemon Cookies. yum yum yum, they should go fast tomorrow.
IMG_0011.JPG

Last but hardest was the made from scratch Cherry Swirl Cream Cheese Bars that are ready to go into the Frig until tomorrow and I can just hope they will cut "semi-cleanly" so folks can enjoy them.
IMG_0012.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:51 pm

I had seriously planned to pick up a Mrs. Cavender's Key Lime Pie and a Lemon Meringue Pie but my friend said that finger food type of dessert would be better than something that required plates and forks - - - :dont: so that was the reason for the key lime pineapple bars and the cherry swirl cream cheese bars - - - - I'm still concerned about the heat melting them as they sit there :dont:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:57 pm

All this talk about key lime pie, I'm planning on one next weekend now. We celebrated easter last weekend , our daughters at our sons babysitting so we heading out there again shortly to see the kids. I get a break from cooking tomorrow. Must check my lime tree, as we are picking lemons ATM. Emm, your friends are spoilt.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:40 pm

You went all out. Looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:52 am

The Scratch Bars sliced up just fine - - - maybe worrying about it all night helped some ? :scratch: :dont:
IMG_0013.JPG

The Birthday Boy called and wanted to use some of my outdoor furniture (LOL) so I got all that on the front porch ready for him to snag - - - - NOW, I'm getting excited, anxious and hungry.

IMG_0014.JPG
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:54 am

A friend made these.

Tails.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 am

GMTA, I was thinking yesterday how much better it would have been to have a "themed cookie cutter" which I have had plenty for the Christmas theme but none for Mudbugs. And then just make all Citrus type cookies. All cookies would have worked better but the Party was AWESOME and the other Birthday Lad knew his stuff when it came to spreading out a Crawfish Boil. :tup: :salut: :cheers: Oops no comera and no pics :dont: :drunk: :laughing7:

Return to “Request a Recipe”