My search for a Rib Rack

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Damon54
Cowboy

My search for a Rib Rack

Postby Damon54 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm

I have had a few in the past but none had sufficient volume between the sections and would end up being difficult to dislodge once the Ribs were finished. I found a design I like and went thru the process to order only to find out that an uncomfortable portion of the total would be shipping.

I thought perhaps I could skin this issue with volume and contacted the company but they would not budge. They did inform me that 3 units will fit in one box and this would help tame shipping cost a bit.

I was hoping to find other Dallas folks that may have an interest.

I suck at pictures but there is a link:
http://www.southernsteamers.com/rib-racks.htm
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: My search for a Rib Rack

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Don't know if this will help or not but here's one that I've been using a long time with my ECB and it probably came from Wally World. The other "newer one" my son gave me last year and I haven't used it yet but I really like the height and it looks like it should stand the racks up nicely.
IMG-2.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:35 pm

I like Stainless Steel and that nice thick gage with a Lifetime warranty.

It also looks easy to clean!!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:00 am

Point taken :tup: Good Luck and let us know what you come up with :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 am

18"L X 13"W and 6" high. NOT made in China!!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:08 pm

ah so - 13"Lx9.25"Wx8"H -----Damon Son (what is Stainless please tell, honorable sir) :laughing7: :D :lol:
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 pm

A non-magenetic, non rustable, 20% Chromium , 10% Nickel Alloy.
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Should hold with ease the entirety of the Restaurant Depot Pork Rib Cryovacs that I use.

I bet this one cost less per ounce than the Wally World offering too!!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Please post a pic when you get it or at least the first time you load it up - - - yanno that one can never have enuff BBQ Toys - - er uh I mean Utensils :laughing7:
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Thanks OldUsedParts,
They seem like nice enough folks out there in Guyton, GA. A contact from the Company has substantially lowered the shipping cost to the point where it is no longer a determining issue.

If someone with more skills than I could follow the link above and add a pic here it would be appreciated!!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Ahhhhh....... YESSSSSS !!!

I've finally found another ( Restaurant Depot ) fan

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I love that place, I always say that if you can't find what you want at a RD, then u probably don't need it lol.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Damon54 wrote:If someone with more skills than I could follow the link above and add a pic here it would be appreciated!!

don't know about Skills but I can do dat :tup:
rib-rack.jpg
rib-rack.jpg (31.29 KiB) Viewed 4872 times
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 am

My first attempt at the sites ubiquitous online shopping app yielded an order for a single Rack at their $39 price and upon advancing to shipping , an additional $26 & change shipping charge!!

Upon contacting the Company directly , the very helpful Leslie Tipton told me to give her a call when I was ready to place my order and arranged for 3 to be sent to me here in Dallas for a tad over $12 bucks in total shipping. A couple of other BBQ friends have expressed interest in my extra two.

Not a cheap Rib Rack by any means but I think I can make a case for a lot of bang for the buck ( go price stainless grills for instance ). I call them the "MOARR"
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:05 am

The truly funny thing is i just paid $50 for 1/4" Brinkman smoker on Craigslist,
Now if I can find or make a nice charcoal basket I will have a nice combo!!
Wojtek
Pilgrim

Postby Wojtek » Wed May 10, 2017 3:08 am

Hi,

thats my very first post in this Forum. I am from Germany so please excuse several mistakes in grammer. ;)

in Germany it is very papular to use the VARIERA Pot lid organizer as a Rib Rack. It is made of stainless steel and it is very flexible.
there ist an synhetic rubber as Bumper but you can put it away simply an you will have an completely sainless steel Rib Rack.

hope i could help a litle bit!
Attachments
IKEA_VARIERA_Deckelhalter_50x14.5x10_cm_Edelstahl.png
This ist the Variera Pod lid
IKEA_VARIERA_Deckelhalter_50x14.5x10_cm_Edelstahl.png (50.51 KiB) Viewed 4730 times
VARIERA_Pot_lid_organizer_IKEA.png
And the details

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”