Chili Testimonial

Texas Style BBQ Seasonings, Sauces and Such.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Chili Testimonial

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Not long ago I gave my Son, David, a Suckle Buster's Champion Chili Kit Mix and he finally got around to using it today. NOW PLEASE understand that he's my Son so the Chili (soup) may have certain things in it that OTHERS would choose not to use. However, IT WAS HIS CHILI :salut:
OH, the Chili pic was taken after he and his son "pigged out" - thus the small leftovers which he's taking to work in the morning. :tup:

Here is the email and pics he just sent me:
Okay, I cooked the suckle chili and it is the best I've ever had. I didn't have beef broth so I used low sodium chicken and I added 1 small can of tomato sauce and one can of rotel tomatoes. I also seasoned the meat with hoochie mama. I mixed flour and hot water to thicken it up at end of cook...Wow! Taking cornbread with corn and jalapeno peppers out in 5 min. What a dinner!
DavidChili.jpg

DavidCornB.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Chili Testimonial

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Nice looking meal…got any pics of the chili? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Oup, can you tell me how you make your cornbread please. I could giggle it but prefer first hand advice. Ya son must be a chip off .......you know what.lol

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Pard, he and I both use the pre-packaged Mix. He uses a HEB brand and I use Martha White's Sweet Yeller Cornbread mix. Today he said he got creative and added chopped jalapenos, sweet corn and chopped own-yawn to the mix. To me one of the most important things in Cornbread Baking is having and "KEEPING" a well seasoned cast iron skillet - - - that is the only thing that skillet of mine gets used for PERIOD. Want me to send you some Martha White :?: Cornbread Mix I mean :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:22 pm

bsooner75 wrote:got any pics of the chili? :)

:P :laughing7:
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks OUP! :cheers:

Chili has a lot to do with the cook too! :)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pard, he and I both use the pre-packaged Mix. He uses a HEB brand and I use Martha White's Sweet Yeller Cornbread mix. Today he said he got creative and added chopped jalapenos, sweet corn and chopped own-yawn to the mix. To me one of the most important things in Cornbread Baking is having and "KEEPING" a well seasoned cast iron skillet - - - that is the only thing that skillet of mine gets used for PERIOD. Want me to send you some Martha White :?: Cornbread Mix I mean :laughing7:

Lol, I thought you might have an old family recipe, I will look in supermarket this arvo, see what they got there. They have a good international section there. Do you serve it with butter?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am

YES and lotz of it - - - Pard, you can add peppers, own-yawns, corn to the mix and it almost becomes a main course or dessert - - - sometimes, if I'm adding ingredients like that, I make cornbread muffins and use those paper muffin cups in a muffin pan. No matter what IT'S ALL GOOD :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:58 am

And the GOOD RESULTS CONTINUE:

Not all of you know it but my oldest son has just gone through some major and extensive Hernia repair surgery that ended up fixing three instead of one plus 6 total incisions before it was over. The first several days were really rough on him but they only kept him 3 days. He went to his Mom's house for a couple of days and then last Friday he called and was at his house finally. When I asked him if he needed anything and what his plans were, he said he was good except he needed to go to the Grocery Store to get some things to make a pot of Suckle Busters Champion Chili. :tup:

I got an email and a couple pics yesterday with the words.
"Best Recovery I've ever had - - - Suckle Rocks"

Here's one of his pics BUT I'll spare Y'all the other one of his Battle Scars. :whiteflag:
IMAG0725.jpg
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:26 am

That chili sure look's good. :cheers: Hope your son has a full recovery.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 am

OldUsedParts wrote:And the GOOD RESULTS CONTINUE:

Not all of you know it but my oldest son has just gone through some major and extensive Hernia repair surgery that ended up fixing three instead of one plus 6 total incisions before it was over. The first several days were really rough on him but they only kept him 3 days. He went to his Mom's house for a couple of days and then last Friday he called and was at his house finally. When I asked him if he needed anything and what his plans were, he said he was good except he needed to go to the Grocery Store to get some things to make a pot of Suckle Busters Champion Chili. :tup:

I got an email and a couple pics yesterday with the words.
"Best Recovery I've ever had - - - Suckle Rocks"

Here's one of his pics BUT I'll spare Y'all the other one of his Battle Scars. :whiteflag:
IMAG0725.jpg

Now that he has recovered sufficiently it's off to the wood shed Dad. I know he was raised properly, and not to taint chili with those un named additions. :deadhorse: :deadhorse: Shows a flagrant disregard for Texas tradition, and must be dealt with accordingly. If needed, I can loan you my Dads razor strap (or what's left of it after raising me) and you will have him back on track in no time. Sorry David, some things must be dealt with early before they allow you to turn into a Democrat. :banghead: :banghead: :D :D
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 am

ol Eagle Eye soars again - - - - he did say to offer his apologies but he was sure that the "Powers to be" would understand considering his present condition :laughing7: :lol:

(notice that I didn't even mention the canned stewed maters) :whiteflag:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:20 am

OldUsedParts wrote:ol Eagle Eye soars again - - - - he did say to offer his apologies but he was sure that the "Powers to be" would understand considering his present condition :laughing7: :lol:

(notice that I didn't even mention the canned stewed maters) :whiteflag:

Uhhhhh, no. Perhaps a short stay till sentence is carried out, considering, but to give a pass would only show weakness and we can't allow that. :salut: :salut: :salut: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:47 am

Hmmmm, wonder if "Counselor" is accepting Chili Welfare Cases :?: :D
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 am

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates

Return to “SuckleBusters - The Forum Sponsor”