New rub

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

New rub

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:23 pm

I bought a new weber rub yesterday called chicken and rib. I tried it on chicken last night and I am trying ribs today.
Attachments
20171112_133740.jpg
20171112_133753.jpg
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: New rub

Postby Txdragon » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:58 pm

I've used every Weber rub available and I have a couple favorites. This one is good. I prefer it more on chicken than I do on ribs.
(Insert witty signature here)
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Hey TX did you get my pm about hams?
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm sorry guys. If I need to leave the forum I will. I just don't like smoked ribs. I have tried everything from wood to meat to rubs. I am through. If I ever cook ribs again it will be right over the coals BBQ style. I guess it is just my Mississippi heritage that keeps me from liking them. I am so embarrassed. I am ready to hide my head in the sand. If I'm banished I'm banished. Its been good knowing you guys.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Lol Justin. Nothing wrong with ribs direct over the coals. I actually like them both ways. Just had more success smoking them…besides, it’s not like you like them boiled (haven’t given Russ a hard time in a while :) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Lol Justin. Nothing wrong with ribs direct over the coals. I actually like them both ways. Just had more success smoking them…besides, it’s not like you like them boiled (haven’t given Russ a hard time in a while :) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, water, ducks , back.

Keep at it jc, you still got ya man card.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Ribs is ribs cook 'em like you like 'em.
Once when judging I got a rib that was obviously grilled and it was good I rated quite high, not the winner but still good.

BTW if you hide you head in the sand please post a selfie, we'd all like to see that.... :lol:
tarde venientibus ossa....
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 am

JustinCouch wrote:Hey TX did you get my pm about hams?

No sir. Try again.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am

Justin, you just keep Grilling and Posting WE GOTZ YER BACK OK :?: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 am

OH FWIW - - - I really prefer doing mine over charcoal in the ECB with a water pan but sometimes "FAMILY and TIME" becomes a factor :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 am

JustinCouch wrote:I'm sorry guys. If I need to leave the forum I will. I just don't like smoked ribs. I have tried everything from wood to meat to rubs. I am through. If I ever cook ribs again it will be right over the coals BBQ style. I guess it is just my Mississippi heritage that keeps me from liking them. I am so embarrassed. I am ready to hide my head in the sand. If I'm banished I'm banished. Its been good knowing you guys.

Oh goodness... What is it you don't like about them? Ribs are an intermediate skill cook that's not suited well to beginners. They suffer more from temperature variations than pork butt and larger cuts. Helps to keep that in mind for side box smoking.
Now THAT'S been brought up; side box smoking is a whole new ballgame itself. If you're used to indirect cooking, it will take some time to get used to. It took me a couple tries when I got my first offset. Just don't give up!

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”