Need Crock Pot Queso Recipe

Looking for something special but dont see it? Post your request here.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Need Crock Pot Queso Recipe

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Anybody got a good Crock Pot Queso Dip Recipe :?: I'll use Valveeter if I have to but had rather have a Recipe that uses regular cheeses.

TIA
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Need Crock Pot Queso Recipe

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:40 pm

My wife uses Velveeta and Rotel the common queso dip.
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/fam ... 51301.aspx

But she modifies it by cubing up sharp cheddar and mixing it in with some milk to get the proper consistency.

OR you can make you own Valveeta and use the cheese you like.

HOMEMADE VELVEETA CHEESE
YIELD:about 22 ounces
PREP:10 minutes
TOTAL:10 minutes
Make your own Velveeta cheese at home in less than 10 minutes!
INGREDIENTS:
• ¼-ounce packet unflavored gelatin
• 6 tablespoons dry milk powder
• 1 cup boiling water
• 16 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
DIRECTIONS:
1. Line a small loaf pan with plastic wrap, covering all sides and leaving excess to hang over the sides.
2. Place the unflavored gelatin and dry milk powder in a blender or food processor (I used my blender). Pour the boiling water over top and immediately pulse to combine. Add the cheddar cheese and puree the mixture until smooth.
3. Immediately pour and scrape the cheese mixture into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing it into an even layer with a spatula. Fold the excess plastic wrap over the cheese, pressing it against the surface of the cheese, ensuring that it is completely covered. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours, until set. The cheese will keep in the refrigerator, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 1 month.
tarde venientibus ossa....
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am

Simple, tasty.

1 lb. Velveeta Mexican cheese
12 ounces cream cheese
1 can Rotel tomatoes
5 green onions, tops only, sliced thin
3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (optional if you don’t want the heat)
3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
Black pepper, cracked, to taste.

Melt cheeses in the crockpot and then stir in other ingredients.

KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:39 pm

thanks, Papa T and Oakie - - - 'preciate it, Gents :tup: :salut:

Since I want to avoid the "V", this is what I decided on so we'll see what happens tomorrow
https://www.rachelcooks.com/2017/04/24/ ... ow-cooker/
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
dub'
Cowboy

Postby dub' » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm

also good with chili and or sausage like chorizo instead of 'mater based salsa. just sayin
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:17 pm

dub' wrote:also good with chili and or sausage like chorizo instead of 'mater based salsa. just sayin

10-4 Dub and thanks - - - I really prefer it that way BUT tomorrow my Wife's crew is coming up for a very late Christmas and her youngest is a Vegetarian so I'm keeping it Moo and Oink Free this time :dont:
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Good looking recipe, be sure to let us know how it turns out.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:38 pm

That looks good, especially for the wife and crew, but if you were to be eating it I would bet your tongue would be beating a hole in the roof of your mouth looking for more heat and spices. Those chilis are for color only, pure candy. :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :salut: :salut: :cheers: :cheers:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:19 pm

OK, before I post the pics of the Very Late Christmas Gathering I have to say that 'From Now On" I will use Valveeter (Oakies Recipe) and forget my foolish iddies that real chez is better. Don't get me wrong my Stepsons ate it to the bottom of the crock pot but it was grainy and, as Outlaw mentioned, Heatless :whiteflag: Sometimes it takes me a while to "snap" but I've changed from now on. :banghead:

Return to “Request a Recipe”