Mystery Meal ?Country Style Ribs?

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Mystery Meal ?Country Style Ribs?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am

Well, eggs in my face today. When I unwrapped the package of what I thought was seasoned Country Style Ribs from Hebert's Specialty Meats, I find myself wondering if these are what I thought I bought ? :dont: The Seasoning/Marinade that they come soaked in tasted a little like possible Cajun Seasonings but I'll know more after I cook them ?I hope? Think I'll just fire up the ECB with some Kingsford and see what happens. If they need basting then I'll probably use one of the Christmas Presents - Jim Beam. Sides may include Grilled Corn, Texas Caviar, Seasoned Collards and Lawd knows what else is in the Frig. Mo later :tup:
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Re: Mystery Meal ?Country Style Ribs?

Postby rms827 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 am

Looks and sounds like good eating to me. :mrgreen: :cheers:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:17 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Well, eggs in my face today. When I unwrapped the package of what I thought was seasoned Country Style Ribs from Hebert's Specialty Meats, I find myself wondering if these are what I thought I bought ? :dont: The Seasoning/Marinade that they come soaked in tasted a little like possible Cajun Seasonings but I'll know more after I cook them ?I hope? Think I'll just fire up the ECB with some Kingsford and see what happens. If they need basting then I'll probably use one of the Christmas Presents - Jim Beam. Sides may include Grilled Corn, Texas Caviar, Seasoned Collards and Lawd knows what else is in the Frig. Mo later :tup:
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG

Looks interesting!

Around here, 'Country Ribs' are usually a bargain, BUT! They are from trimmed ends of other pig offerings, and come in rib and shoulder-bone and sometimes even boneless pieces. I get better results sorting them so rib bones with rib bones, etc.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:28 am

10-4 Sailor, I've got a great pkg of bone-in C.S.Rs still frozen but I bought these others on a whim while getting a shrimp stuffed sheeken :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Welps, "even an old blind hawg finds an acorn now and then" and such was the case with my Mystery Meat. They turned out fantastic and I'll be using that Jim Beam Bold n Spicy on some wings real soon. Don't get me wrong, I am still a died in the wool Suckle Busters Hot and Spicy Fan but I can't make myself throw Gifts away if there's a chance, and there was one. :tup: Fld Peas with Mr.s Renfro's Hot Chow Chow and Grilled Corn rounded out a very good lunch. :salut:

IMG_2809.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_2811.JPG
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:28 pm

At the moment i do not have the time to read that all, because the water in my mouth is dripping to fast :bow:
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 pm

That looks amazing! (I'm with daBertl). :salut:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 pm

thanks, Y'all, I definitely Gotta Flocky (aka Got Off Lucky) but it was pork and from the cut it was probably Country Style also. :tup: :salut:
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm

:cheers: :chef: I'd eat 'em in a heartbeat!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

thanks, Wild Bill, mine was good but the Wiffy wasn't hungry so I'll probably be having the tuther one in a day or so. :laughing7:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Dang parts. You took an unknown and made one heck of a meal out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Great results, OUP! :cheers:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:28 am

thanks, Gents :tup: :salut:

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”