Some Photos for Sooner

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Some Photos for Sooner

Postby GRailsback » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Left for a trip on the 14th in the motorhome. Made it back home last night. Went to visit one of the wifes brothers in southern Wisconsin who is in a battle with cancer. Then across to Iowa to visit some of my mothers family. Then up to Wasecas MN to visit and old friend. then back over to Wisconsin to spend a few days with some of the wifes cousins that I have become close with. Back into Iowa to visit some old family friends and my dads family. But along the way I stopped by the place that Sooner gets his brats from, Polasheks. It is a simple locker that puts out a lot of not only quality but a wide variety of products. I also got a fair amount of brats from a locker in Glenwood City Wisconsin, Ross's Meat Locker. They have great brats as well. And I made 2 more stops, one at Fairbank Locker in Fairbank Iowa, and Tipton Locker in Tipton Iowa. All of the cheese is from Wisconsin. And the summer sausage is from all 4 lockers. The bacon is from Polasheks, except for the package in the white wrapping paper. I won 4 packages of that at an American Legion I was drinking beer at that was having some meat raffles. I gave 3 of them away and kept one.

IMG_3326.jpg
A look at all of it.

IMG_3327.jpg
A look of the bacon, one of them is cinnamon flavored. That should be interesting.

IMG_3328.jpg
Most of these brats are from Ross Locker WI, a few are from Tipton Locker
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Some Photos for Sooner

Postby GRailsback » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:03 pm

IMG_3331.jpg
Some curds, summer sausage, and a couple of small packages of candian bacon

IMG_3331.jpg
Some curds, summer sausage, and a couple of small packages of candian bacon
Attachments
IMG_3330.jpg
All of the cheese is from 2 different loactions in WI. Cady Cheese, and Ellsworth
IMG_3329.jpg
Most all of this stuff in the center is from Polasheks
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:24 pm

That is the mother load! Thank you for sharing the pics. I like a man that goes on vacation with his priorities in order :)

Prayers sent for your wife’s brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:03 pm

What Sooner Said, G'Rail, you are definitely ready for October Fest or any fest as far as that goes :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Sooner that is all I could get in the ice box in the motorhome and still have room for a few groceries while on the road. PM me your address if you would like some koozies from the locker.

Parts, it will be a good season for college football for sure. And happy hour as well with some summer sausage and cheese. And cold beer. Forgot to add the beer pic. Only hauled 4 cases home. but it will last me awhile, as i drink lots of regular beer as well as some micro brew stuff.

IMG_3171.jpg
Sooner, these are from the retail portion of the locker.

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg
And the beer
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:25 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:What Sooner Said, G'Rail, you are definitely ready for October Fest or any fest as far as that goes :tup: :salut: :cheers:

Parts I cut all of those summer sausage logs in half and vacumm packed them. As well as the cheese curds. and i vacumm packed all the cheese. So thanks to all the folks that replied when I was getting ready to buy the foodsaver. And I think I got the info on here for replacements bags froom either EH or a post from the chili man.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Here’s where Polashek’s was on Bizarre Foods.

https://youtu.be/nZDuZuz70d0

I’ll take you up on that offer. Sending the PM in a few. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:17 pm

GMan, next trip you take, let us know in advance. I want to buy up stock in Goodyear Tire and Rubber. Will do wonders for my 401(k).

A sausage and cheese smorgasbord paradise.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Boots, don't forget the oil stocks. 3,800 miles of fuel out the tail pipe the last 2 1/2 weeks.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Wow man, what a great play by play filled with fun times and great food and making memories. Very Kool trip, and I send best wishes and prayers for your wife and brother in-law, that's a hard thing to go thru on all parts. Keep positive, we will all be thinking of him on here.

As for drinking beer, this goes to prove that drinking beer does in fact bring good luck with this huge cow and pig score.
Cheese and Sausages galore !! Very Kool :):)
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:49 pm

The mother load best describes that package. Unbelievable haul. You mentioned raffles, we have raffles at our pub every Friday night. I hardly ever buy meat now. You will be eating well for months. Lucky man.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Awesome Greg
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Thanks Rambo, lots of stories and memories came out of this trip. From the heart breaking visit to the brother in laws, to the visits with Aunts still alive. To the visit in Waseca MN with my old friend that is 89 years old and in better shape than most people I know. To the tractor pulls in Wisconsin, to the stops at all the meat lockers. To the trip to western Iowa to visit some of my dads old friends and family, and there famous breaded pork tenderloins sandwiches in that area. To the stock car races at Boone Iowa, where I spent a night at one of the premier tracks in the country. Not to mention the car that I tow bewhind the motor home burning up the transmission on the way to the brother in laws. Had to leave it and keep going, fortunately it was under warranty, and I picked it up on the way home. But a very memorable trip. I was alone on this trip as the wife didn't have much vacation time left. But she did fly up to see her brother last weekend.

Return to “General Discussion”