Traitor or Coward

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Traitor or Coward

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:46 am

Not long ago I picked up a Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin at "Hebert's Specialty Meats" and had every intention of cooking it on the Pit Boss Pellet Grill. THAT IS UNTIL I unwrapped it and saw how crudely it had been done so now I think I'll just cook it in the Oven per package instructions. I even considered unwrapping it and then rewrapping with Willie Pins and maybe even more bacon. :scratch: Maybe later I can do my own and Pelletize that one. :dont:

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Traitor or Coward

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:42 am

I think it would cook fine either way.

Next time do your own and stuff it with Hebert’s Boudin…comes out good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:00 am

thanks for the tip, I ain't had Boo-Dan in a Coon's Age :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:07 am

Pork tenderloin? bacon wrapped? oh yes sir either way you gonna eat good. Stuffed with Boudin? sounds good and that's another to add to my to do list.
I usually stuff with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and provolone and of course wrapped with bacon.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Well, I'm glad that I just cooked it in the Oven because that's all the effort it was worth. However, the Wife said it was the best meal she's had in a long time, even tho she won't eat bacon that isn't crispy/burnt or Jalapenos. She is a Brussell Sprout fan and plans on eating the leftover sprouts for supper with some more wheat rolls.

I can promise you that ?if? I ever cook another stuffed and wrapped pork loin it will be one that I did myself. Even after 40 min at 375 I could not bite through some of the jalapenos :dont: :scratch: :roll:

I used my new birthday Therma Pen for the first time and is it's Faaaaaaassssssttttt :tup: AND even tho it had an I.T. of 190 in some places, it was still moist.
IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Another funny thing was that the directions say to remove the toothpicks and neither of us found any. :scratch: :roll: :dont: :whiteflag:
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Well it looks good :thap:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:45 pm

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:Well it looks good :thap:

I'll say. I'm sure it tasted good, OUP...I'd eat all of it.

If you did this yourself, would you blanch the penners first?
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Yes Mam, or at least par-boil them for a couple minutes :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:53 pm

*takes notes*
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:26 pm

careful there :laughing7: :lol: :D that's what I do on my ABTs and they bite soooooo nicely without the innards getting all stringy :whiteflag:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Well "DUH" :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
IMG_0026.JPG
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:03 am

Sometimes you just have to re-do that kinda roast, OUP. Been there, done it. Probably would have been worth doing it and then slow smoking it the way I've seen you doctor up some grub in the past. :mrgreen: :tup:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:37 am

thanks, but all things considered thru hind-sight, I'm happy that I didn't have a Pellet Grill to clean after Lunch :tup: :salut: :chef:

Return to “General Discussion”