Support for New Zealand

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Support for New Zealand

Postby Boots » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Shout out to Russ and our Kiwi friends - sorrow for the senseless pain for your country brought on by some random radicals, and a reaffirmation of of the esteem and friendship we Americans have for our brethren down under.

Texas has had a taste of this too - Sutherland Springs. Too much misguided hate in this world today.

Just was thinking of you and your countrymen Russ.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Support for New Zealand

Postby Russ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:02 am

Thanks boots, don't know if you know but 8 years ago we had serious quakes here killing 188? The city seemed to be recovering, then this. My wife works in a high school and they were locked down straight away, 1 gunman was caught 1 street from the school where he was heading. He's a white supremacist. From Australia. Very sad day here in ch ch. my daughter is a teacher and one of her mothers was parked outside the mosque when the gunman ran to her car with a gun and took her car to get away. The guy live video the whole thing. Very sickening.
Thanks for your kind words.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 am

Hello Russ. I have to follow boots here. I am very sorry too. This is horrible. Didn't know you lived so close to the area where this happened. We obviously live in a sick world. I am extra saddened to read that the perpetrators where inspired by the Norwegian guy Breivik. In 2011 he blew up the government buildings downtown, killing 8 people before he 2 hours later went to a political youth camp on an island just outside the capital and shot to dead 69 people.

He has written a manifesto that is used by many white supremacist around the world and which I understand was referenced in this case.

I am glad to hear that you and your family are ok. Be careful and I wish you well.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:44 am

Needless to say, Pardnah, that our hearts, thoughts and prayers go with Y'all thru this Tragedy :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:49 am

Wow Russ, I did not realize this hit so close to home for you. My heart is saddened for your country as it deals with this tragedy. Prayers to all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:13 am

X2 on what has already been said, very sad new's.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:38 am

Boots wrote:Shout out to Russ and our Kiwi friends - sorrow for the senseless pain for your country brought on by some random radicals, and a reaffirmation of of the esteem and friendship we Americans have for our brethren down under.

Texas has had a taste of this too - Sutherland Springs. Too much misguided hate in this world today.

Just was thinking of you and your countrymen Russ.

Amen.
Moink!
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:22 am

I too stand with our kiwi friends against these senseless acts of terrorism and join in prayer for the victims.
tarde venientibus ossa....
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:43 am

senseless acts of violence, I can only echo what folks had said, I am sorry for the pain you are feeling...

I just can't understand why or how people are so ruthless toward their fellow human being.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:12 pm

Joernolav wrote:Hello Russ. I have to follow boots here. I am very sorry too. This is horrible. Didn't know you lived so close to the area where this happened. We obviously live in a sick world. I am extra saddened to read that the perpetrators where inspired by the Norwegian guy Breivik. In 2011 he blew up the government buildings downtown, killing 8 people before he 2 hours later went to a political youth camp on an island just outside the capital and shot to dead 69 people.

He has written a manifesto that is used by many white supremacist around the world and which I understand was referenced in this case.

I am glad to hear that you and your family are ok. Be careful and I wish you well.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

That link you made with breivik has already been raised here Joe, the same kind of links. Thanks for your kind words and others here. My wife was so close it was a real worry. They locked down at 2pm and she didn't get the word things were safe for 5 hrs. Lots of worried family members. I was on the other side of town. I would have been in the middle of it but I left work at 2 o'clock to do some things away from the area. Pure coincidence.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:15 pm

This could have been so much worse, the Pakistani cricket team were 2 mins away from going to that mosque, but they were held up at a press conference. A bus load had pulled up outside the mosque as the shooting started, the bus driver told everyone to get on the floor and stay there. Fate eh?

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:10 am

I heard a report over here that a local gentleman evidently was able to unlimber his musket and get off a couple of shots at these degenerates when they fled, evidently hastening their retreat ? If so I salute him too, hopefully he peppered their behinds a bit.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:57 am

Boots wrote:I heard a report over here that a local gentleman evidently was able to unlimber his musket and get off a couple of shots at these degenerates when they fled, evidently hastening their retreat ? If so I salute him too, hopefully he peppered their behinds a bit.

The stories are all over the place, arrested 3 men and a lady. Senseless, the paramedics stories are horrific. My wife's friend is a trauma nurse, she worked 24 hrs straight, she said only the older staff could handle it, young ones just kept crying.
The worlds crazy, thanks again for your kind words everyone.
Kia kaha. (Maori for be strong)

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:31 pm

I just read up about this and wow. Sad indeed. The bad habits of our own country are rubbing off on others, it seems. Prayers for you all, sir.
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “General Discussion”