Big 'ol Bone-in Ribeye

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Big 'ol Bone-in Ribeye

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Found a pound and a quarter Ribeye the other day at HEB for just over $5. Brushed both sides with oleo and sprinkled with Suckle Busters Campfire Steak Seasoning then I fired up the Kingsford Kettle with the notion to get me some tasty char this time. Even tho it came out medium instead of rare, it was good to the last bite, especially that meat on the bone (yum yum yum) Baked a Yam and loaded it up along with some slaw from the other day.

P7240002.JPG

P7240003.JPG

P7240005.JPG

P7240006.JPG

P7240007.JPG

P7240008.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Big 'ol Bone-in Ribeye

Postby Rambo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:14 pm

That's just right in my book
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:30 pm

I like the char!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:55 pm

I did enjoy the char, however, I miss the cool red center taste of a good rare steak. I'm thinking that ?if? I do a char again then I'll try it on a thicker cut steak such as the 2" Tenderloins. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:47 pm

How long did you go on each side? I’d probably get the fire roaring and go 2-3 minutes per side on that one and then let it rest for about 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:04 pm

5 min per side over direct coals maybe 9" below and I did have several flame ups and had to move it around during grilling :scratch:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:21 pm

I could go for something tasty like this Emm !! Maybe once we get one of those things we keep in the kitchen that holds food cold I will

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:53 pm

Slaw looks larrapin as well, and the right amount of pepper,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:10 am

woodenvisions wrote:I could go for something tasty like this Emm !! Maybe once we get one of those things we keep in the kitchen that holds food cold I will

OUCH, Y'all still "Frigless?" - - - if you were closer, I'd give you my extra one I have in the Shop.

Russ Pard, Peppa belongs on all fresh veggies that end up on my plate :tup: :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:39 pm

Meat and slaw? And baked sweet pertater? Sign me up! :salut:
Moink!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:47 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:I could go for something tasty like this Emm !! Maybe once we get one of those things we keep in the kitchen that holds food cold I will

OUCH, Y'all still "Frigless?" - - - if you were closer, I'd give you my extra one I have in the Shop.

Russ Pard, Peppa belongs on all fresh veggies that end up on my plate :tup: :salut:
Yup, need to wait until 8/3 to pull the trigger on all 4 appliances.
Fridge dead in garage now for 3 weeks, stove hit or miss and dishwasher hit or miss too.
Have had the $$$ for a while but we know if we buy from Lowes within 30 days of their Labor Day Sale we can go back and get the sale price difference. Last year they had Major Appliances 50 - 70 % off so that would potentially put about 2 - 3 grand back in our pocket so were willing to keep freezer diving for another week or so
All of the MASS cooking and vacuum packing last year is paying off
Been using my beer fridge for a temp fix for Evan's Milk so it's all good.
I gotta look for a new smoker as well that's why I've been mute lately in that category.
It was never the same after it took that Triple Lindy off the deck last spring. Ever since that dive, it never sealed right and took on water like a 3rd gen Iroc-z with T- Tops and eventually rusted out like a 70's Plymouth Dusters Trunk floor......

So, I have decisions decisions decisions to make soon

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Households don't run themselves do they, Pal :?: Sounds like good sound planning to me so best of luck to Y'all. :laughing7: :lol: :D @ Tri-Lindy and Auto installed humor :tup: :wav: :salut: :cheers:
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Looks great, OUP. :D

I like the rare side of medium rare, myself, but I still overcook a steak from time to time. It happens. :D

As long as it tastes good, it's ALL good! :D
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Good looking steak, OUP! :cheers:

Good luck on the appliance front, WV!
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:12 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Households don't run themselves do they, Pal :?: Sounds like good sound planning to me so best of luck to Y'all. :laughing7: :D @ Tri-Lindy and Auto installed humor :tup: :wav: :salut: :cheers:

That they don't my friend, but it's all good. It's just a minor inconvenience so we will hang on do what we have to do.
Thx man, and I'm sad to say I'm spot on regarding the car talk lol.
Had 3 3rd gen Camaros, 2 of which had T's and a Trans Am GTA which didn't so I know what a leaky car smells like. As for the Plymouth Duster, my friend from High School had one and he was driving thru a tunnel we always used to do hole shots in and next thing you know the back bumper was on the ground...
Pulled over and popped the trunk to see 2 shackles sticking straight up.

Anyways, we have a roof over our heads and nobody is going to bed hungry so were ahead of the game as I see it

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”