Lompe Laugh and Filet Mignon

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Lompe Laugh and Filet Mignon

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Had a Filet Mignon all ready for the ECB and realized that I didn't have a tater to cook with it. I had planned on some grilled Corn and sliced Mater but I really wanted a starchy carb in there somewhere. :dont: Remembered that I had some Tater Lompes from Joe so I thawed two and tried something new. I cut them into 8 small rounds and then stacked them alternating with spreads of butter, sour cream, chez, green own-yawns and Bacon, also putting the scrap non-round pieces in places that allowed them. After I got it all stacked and filled, it went into the microwave just long enuff to bind it all together. The taste was good but not that of a baked tater.

P7290001.JPG

P7290002.JPG

P7300003.JPG

P7300004.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Lompe Laugh and Filet Mignon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Pretty cool. I would gladly eat that.

What I find interesting is all the ways you're experimenting with lompe. Since it's a very traditional product here we're pretty much stuck with the tradition and we don't experiment much with it. Lompe is almost only used with hotdogs and lefse with butter, sugar and cinnamon or as wraps.

Looking forward to more new ways of using lompe.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:13 pm

I was looking for that Tater Taste and even tho it was tasty, it didn't match up to a real tater. :scratch:

I plan on using one or two in a Breakfast Pizza/Taco pretty soon. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:44 pm

That is a work of art! :tup:
Moink!
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Funny story...

When I was about 10, Mom and Dad had all 9 of us kids out for dinner as they did a lot for us, especially each year when we would take a weekend camping trip to watch the Mptorcycle Enduro races in the surrounding states.
One night on the way home we hit this Restaurant in Honesdale Pa and we were placing our orders.
Unknowingly, I asked the waitress out loud what a Fill-It-Mig-Non was and the vultures came out like the Hang-em High movie

Ever since, every time I see it or hear it I just laugh.
I also asked my brother one day what Hors Devores were Lmao

Looks tasty buddy

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:12 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I was looking for that Tater Taste and even tho it was tasty, it didn't match up to a real tater. :scratch:

I plan on using one or two in a Breakfast Pizza/Taco pretty soon. :tup:
No. Doesn't taste like a tater and I personally wouldn't use it as a substitute. Probably a lot of other creative ways of using them. Breakfast pizza may be one of them. Maybe they are best with hotdogs or wraps. If you can you should try one as wrap. Spread a good amount of herb Philadelphia cheese (the green) over the lompe, put on a slice smoked salmon, some capers and a little chopped red onion. Roll together. Tastes great. Similarly like this.Image

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm

thanks, too bad I'm out of Wild Bill's (Bondo) homemade smoked Salmon yum yum yum :cheers:
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Postby Smoking Piney » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 pm

That's a tall stack of goodness, there, OUP. :D

Killer looking meal, amigo! :salut: :cheers:
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:18 pm

woodenvisions wrote:Funny story...

When I was about 10, Mom and Dad had all 9 of us kids out for dinner as they did a lot for us, especially each year when we would take a weekend camping trip to watch the Mptorcycle Enduro races in the surrounding states.
One night on the way home we hit this Restaurant in Honesdale Pa and we were placing our orders.
Unknowingly, I asked the waitress out loud what a Fill-It-Mig-Non was and the vultures came out like the Hang-em High movie

Looks tasty buddy

Lol, my wife was out with her friend for dinner recently, her friend ordered s steak with the jus (pronounced the j as prominent) not the real jue with the silent j. My wife didn't have the heart to tell her,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Russ wrote:
woodenvisions wrote:Funny story...

Looks tasty buddy

Lol, my wife was out with her friend for dinner recently, her friend ordered s steak with the jus (pronounced the j as prominent) not the real jue with the silent j. My wife didn't have the heart to tell her,lol.

Russ
That's funny Russ !!
My bro says awe zhoos....
It drives me NUTS

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”