Swamp Bites (Aligator)

Lamb, goat, wild game, sausage, any other meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rub n smoke USER_AVATAR
Rub N Smoke
Pilgrim

Swamp Bites (Aligator)

Postby Rub N Smoke » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Heres what you'll Need:

1 pound- Aligator Tenderloin pieces

1/2 pound- Thick Cut Peppered Bacon

5-6 Roasted Green Chiles

Cajun Seasoning and Toothpicks

(A pair of rubber gloves to keep from burning yourself with the Chile juice.)

These are simple to make and real good!!

Cut the tenderloins into "Bite size" pieces, and cut the pound of bacon in 1/2 so all of the slices are 1/2 the original length. While wearing rubber gloves, clean the roasted Chiles being careful to take out the seeds. (The more seeds the HOTTER.) Cut them bad boys into silces. Then simply lay the bacon out in single slices, lay a Green Chile on it, put a piece og Gator on that and roll it up, be sure to make it tight and use a toothpick to hold it closed. Once thats all done simply sprinkle some of your favorite Cajun seasoning on them and refridgerate fo a couple of hours.

After they are GOOD and happy with spices, toss'em on the Grill until they are FIRM to the touch and the bacon looks done NOT BURNT.

(I normally use a Grill Rack I got at Wal- Mart for $10.00 to keep them contained then I can flip them all at once too.)

I get my Green Chiles from a friend at work who gets them from her Dad in New Mexico (Thanks Christine) but you can use the canned/ store bought if you like.
My Toys are:
Homemade Trailered Pit
Brinkmann 4675 Pro Series Gasser
My 5 year old Daughters E-Z Bake oven (Only in Emergencies)
www.myspace.com/cookinwitalittlespit
Cookin' Wit a Little Spit Aint Yo' MaMas Barbecue!!
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:56 pm

Think frogs..alligators and chickens is kinfolks. Trying to think back to 8th Grade biology as we speak. Yeppers..they kin. Now from having ate some of them unclean critters in the past would say it closer to a cross twixt frog legs and chicken. Sorta bouncey if you get my drift. Like the old grey bald headed gentleman (coulda been Mr. Stubbs for all I know) tole me along the creek bank one day whilst we was fishing with our cane poles as we was sipping on my Ezra and his beer..."I don't like frog legs. The mo I chews em the mo bigga they get." Now that fella would sure not like alligators cuz they even worse than frog legs on that score. Humans was not designed to eat reptiles or amphibians. It just axing for trouble.

bigwheel
rub n smoke USER_AVATAR
Rub N Smoke
Pilgrim

Postby Rub N Smoke » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:31 am

bigwheel wrote:Think frogs..alligators and chickens is kinfolks. Trying to think back to 8th Grade biology as we speak. Yeppers..they kin. Now from having ate some of them unclean critters in the past would say it closer to a cross twixt frog legs and chicken. Sorta bouncey if you get my drift. Like the old grey bald headed gentleman (coulda been Mr. Stubbs for all I know) tole me along the creek bank one day whilst we was fishing with our cane poles as we was sipping on my Ezra and his beer..."I don't like frog legs. The mo I chews em the mo bigga they get." Now that fella would sure not like alligators cuz they even worse than frog legs on that score. Humans was not designed to eat reptiles or amphibians. It just axing for trouble.

bigwheel

Thats good stuff!!! :twisted:
My Toys are:

Homemade Trailered Pit

Brinkmann 4675 Pro Series Gasser

My 5 year old Daughters E-Z Bake oven (Only in Emergencies)

www.myspace.com/cookinwitalittlespit

Cookin' Wit a Little Spit Aint Yo' MaMas Barbecue!!
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Had gator deep fried before... This way sounds good too!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Did someone say fried gator??????? :shock:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 am

That sounds good and like something I wouldn't mind trying - but, where in the world would I buy gator up here?
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
h00kemh0rns USER_AVATAR
h00kemh0rns
Pilgrim