Price?

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

ZX2400
Pilgrim

Price?

Postby ZX2400 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 pm

I have been thinking about selling my smoker I built a couple of years ago. It is just to big for me and I have two others. I am not sure on what it is worth. Here are some pictures of the pit. It is a bit dirty but it cleans up really nice. I would just like you guys to give me an honest opinion on what you think I could sell it for. Thanks

It is on a 16ft Trailer. Tires have about 400 miles on them.

It has a bulldog hitch along with 2 propane holders on the front.

The smoker is 6ft long with a 2ft fire box. Its made from clean 28inch casing and every bit of it is 3/8 thick.

6ft polly cutting board with shelves above and a large wood storage below.

Dual sink next to dual burner.

Speakers and lights on both ends/

Four pull out racks.

Tuning plates which are on the money.

Ten pound brisket I cooked on it.

Slide in handle for Fire Box.

Inside Fire Box
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Price?

Postby Gator » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Nice looking rig...
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
chadmist USER_AVATAR
ChadMist
Cowboy

Postby ChadMist » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:00 pm

In materials you must have 3500 to 4k there. I would go for 5500 maybe higher. I would also open your self up for trades. People these days are low on $$ and they might have some toys to trade you for the pit. Love the BBQ by the way. It is a nice setup for sure.
On a mission to show the Wife a Good BBQ is worth the money.
Custom BBQ pit
fr8 train USER_AVATAR
FR8 Train
Bandolero

Postby FR8 Train » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Nice rig, bad economy. Put it up on craigslist and ask for offers and see what you get. Take what your comfortable with.
ZX2400
Pilgrim

Postby ZX2400 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:00 am

Thanks for your comments. I understand the economy is bad and that people are hanging on to their money. I don’t have to sell it, just thought I might see what I could get for it. What additions or changes do you guys think I might add to it that will make it more enticing to buyers? Thanks
chadmist USER_AVATAR
ChadMist
Cowboy

Postby ChadMist » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am

I dont know if this is something you would consider but I have seen alot of big pits for rent on CL. It is usally 200 to 250 for the weekend depending on location.
On a mission to show the Wife a Good BBQ is worth the money.
Custom BBQ pit
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:04 am

ZX2400 wrote:Thanks for your comments. I understand the economy is bad and that people are hanging on to their money. I don’t have to sell it, just thought I might see what I could get for it. What additions or changes do you guys think I might add to it that will make it more enticing to buyers? Thanks

3 compartment SS sink with 24" washboards and a separate hand sink. 50 gallon freshwater with 55 gallon gray water tank. On demand propane fired H@2 heater.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
biker bob USER_AVATAR
Biker Bob
Rustler

Postby Biker Bob » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:06 am

DATsBBQ wrote:
ZX2400 wrote:Thanks for your comments. I understand the economy is bad and that people are hanging on to their money. I don’t have to sell it, just thought I might see what I could get for it. What additions or changes do you guys think I might add to it that will make it more enticing to buyers? Thanks

3 compartment SS sink with 24" washboards and a separate hand sink. 50 gallon freshwater with 55 gallon gray water tank. On demand propane fired H@2 heater.

That would help it pass inspection in my state, and I might put in a mini fridge.
Biker Bob
Custom Stick Burner
Weber Gaser
ZX2400
Pilgrim

Postby ZX2400 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks for the ideas. I have thought about the sink and do have a water tank for it. I think I will put it on craigslist and a few other places as is and see what kind of offers I might get. If any of you have any other suggestions they would be much appreciated.
n2dabluebbq USER_AVATAR
n2dabluebbq
Bandolero

Postby n2dabluebbq » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 am

i agree with the others. seeing how it is larger than most folk have for personal use, the crowd you would be selling to most likely would be caterers. that being said, the less a caterer has to do to meet code the better. i would not get real carried away on adding things, but the sinks would definitely be at the top of the list. next might be a refrigeration set up.
ZX2400
Pilgrim

Postby ZX2400 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks, I am looking for a sink. I really enjoy this pit and a good friend would be very dissapointed being he borrows it for a killer 4th of July party but I just dont see the need for 3 pits. I figure this is the largest I have and should be able to make some money from it. The plan was to sell it when I built it, but liked it to much. If I were to update it to where it would pass inspection, what do you guys (experts) feel I could get for it? Thanks for the help. I have put it on craigslist and asked for best offer but all I have gotten is people wanting to trade for it. It is amazing what a couple of people have offered to trade for it.

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”