mixed grill anyone??

Everything Grilled. We LOVE pictures.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

debbieinga
Pilgrim
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: GA
Contact:

mixed grill anyone??

Postby debbieinga » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:06 pm

I finally grilled my shark steak and I have to tell ya, it was very good. The only thing I will change is what I marinated it in. I marinated the talapia/salmon in a balsamic vinegar mixture and the shark in a roasted red pepper sauce. I think I should have marinated it overnight in that solution. I think it needed some "kick" to it. The romaine lettuce was KILLER on the grill. I will be doing it again!! I put some garlic olive oil; placed it on the grill long enough to get that smoke flavor....YUM!! Had a tomato going 'bad' so I threw that on the grill. Since I've been trying to loose weight, on our plan we get 6oz of protein and 8oz raw veggies. It was a good dinner. I have enough left over for 2 more meals. The shark is in the middle after I got it plated; it is sooo white!!

Image

Image


Image
Last edited by debbieinga on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero
Posts: 691
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Chicago, IL. a susburb of Milwaukee
Contact:

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:09 pm

It looks healthy & yummie!
"All who wander are not lost.

Sometimes they just can't remember where they parked their car
."

Da Dude's new blog
debbieinga
Pilgrim
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: GA
Contact:

Postby debbieinga » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:12 pm

thanks, I was trying to shrink my pics but they didn't get very small....LOL
User avatar
Papa Tom
Deputy
Posts: 6245
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:40 am
Location: Oak Point, TX
Contact:

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 pm

That looks really good Deb....
tarde venientibus ossa....
OSD
Retired Lawman
Posts: 7290
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Postby OSD » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:40 pm

Great job :D :D Looks fantastic. :tup:

For fish like shark and salmon we use Goya - Mojo Criollo marinade. It's a citrus blend. Says it's for chicken, pork, & beef, but it's great on fish like shark. :D :D
debbieinga
Pilgrim
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: GA
Contact:

Postby debbieinga » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:55 pm

OSD wrote:Great job :D :D Looks fantastic. :tup:

For fish like shark and salmon we use Goya - Mojo Criollo marinade. It's a citrus blend. Says it's for chicken, pork, & beef, but it's great on fish like shark. :D :D


Thanks, I will give that a try next time.
User avatar
DJ
Chuck Wagon
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Contact:

Postby DJ » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:03 pm

Looks pretty gall darn good! Nice Work
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
User avatar
Big Mike
Cowboy
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Contact:

Postby Big Mike » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:05 pm

The wife would love that. Looks really good.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
User avatar
DATsBBQ
Deputy
Posts: 8001
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Yorktown, VA
Contact:

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Very good indeed. Caught a sand shark in San Diego once. Should have won the pot with that one, 12# or so but cause it wasn't a tuna or some swimmer like that, I was disqualified. Go figure.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
User avatar
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:34 pm
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Contact:

Re: mixed grill anyone??

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:37 pm

debbieinga wrote:I finally grilled my shark steak and I have to tell ya, it was very good. The only thing I will change is what I marinated it in. I marinated the talapia/salmon in a balsamic vinegar mixture and the shark in a roasted red pepper sauce. I think I should have marinated it overnight in that solution. I think it needed some "kick" to it. The romaine lettuce was KILLER on the grill. I will be doing it again!! I put some garlic olive oil; placed it on the grill long enough to get that smoke flavor....YUM!! Had a tomato going 'bad' so I threw that on the grill. Since I've been trying to loose weight, on our plan we get 6oz of protein and 8oz raw veggies. It was a good dinner. I have enough left over for 2 more meals. The shark is in the middle after I got it plated; it is sooo white!!





Looks really good! I've never tried shark, but it's on the list of things to try. I do love me some tilapia though!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Image
debbieinga
Pilgrim
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: GA
Contact:

Postby debbieinga » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:47 am

Thanks everyone! This is my first time eating shark and cooking it. I will be getting more. It doesn't flake like fish or salmon, it holds it's shape and is easy to "flip".
User avatar
Paulr
Rustler
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: mixed grill anyone??

Postby Paulr » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:56 am

debbieinga wrote:Image

Looks great!
Did it all go on at the same time or ???
I usually have my veggies on the side (hadn't considered cooking at the same time?) well taters I cook at the same time... :wink:
See Me, Feel Me, Touch Me, Beer Me.
Visit the new Australian BBQ Blog: http://www.aussiebbq.info/wp
debbieinga
Pilgrim
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: GA
Contact:

Re: mixed grill anyone??

Postby debbieinga » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:49 am

Paulr wrote:
debbieinga wrote:

Looks great!
Did it all go on at the same time or ???
I usually have my veggies on the side (hadn't considered cooking at the same time?) well taters I cook at the same time... :wink:


Yes, I put it all on at the same time. My hot coals are down the middle; so really the lettuce was not over the hot coals. It got the smoke when the lid was down. Guess you'd call that indirect heat....LOL. I don't really think you'd want to eat HOT lettuce; plus it wilts in a hurry, that's why you have to keep turning it. One thing though: I will not pull off the outer leaves if bad, next time I will pull off when I take it off the grill. It was one bunch of romaine and I cut it in half. I got that idea off of the food network show grill girls but they did it on a indoor stove top grill. Not a bad show for people/women that have never grilled before. They did have a couple of men in their audience. I'm glad to see more shows like this one. Basically their motto is: if you can eat it, you can grill it. :lol:
xxfubarxx
Rustler
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:57 pm
Contact:

Postby xxfubarxx » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:39 am

I've done shark before and I loved it. Nice texture and no fishy taste. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted some shark and of course I said yeah. He brought me 3...5' sharks head off and bled. Took me forever to cut them into steaks and other parts. I did this at the club on a night we had BBQ night. I threw it on the grill with the rest. So i used what I could find (TOny's Butter, Lemon, Garlic, Salt, pepper) and grilled them like we were doing the chicken. I ended up giving away about 40 1 gallon bags of shark that night. Noone knew what it was and they all loved it. Grilled shark is something everyone has to try. No bones, no fat, no fishy taste...gotta love it. If you haven't tried it..try it.
User avatar
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 am
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:24 am

looks great. I like shark steaks, taste similar to swordfish.

Return to “Grillin and Chillin”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest