Prayers for Mrs OUP

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Prayers for Mrs OUP

Postby Boots » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:15 pm

bobcat1 wrote:
Boots wrote:Just tbought to mention, Crazy Water is great with natural electrolytes. Mrs Boots has night leg cramps and some knee issues and the CW (bottled at the source in our own Mineral Wells, Texas) really helps her. Hope she feels more peppy soon.
I finally got rid of leg cramps by drinking 6 oz. of Best Maid pickle juice at night. Suffered with them all my life until a few years ago. You can get gallon jugs at WalMart for around $7 or at the Best Maid store off of Vickery in Fort Worth.

And all that pickle juice will at least improve one’s whistling skills!
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:23 pm

It’s chronic: filling him up with Bute but I know what’s coming
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:57 pm

Boots wrote:I’m dealing with a nice bred QH, 13 years old right now that has Navicular. I’m going to have to put him down :whiteflag:

Back in the daze I worked on a few Navicular Horses and some responded and some didn't. About all I could do from a Farrier standpoint was to keep them stood up on their ?toes? as much as possible and sometimes the Vet would also inject them. However, if they happened to be a Working Breed then the fix usually didn't work very long. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:38 pm

Yep when it’s down to Bute and repeated hyleronic that time is coming.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:07 pm

Boots wrote:Yep when it’s down to Bute and repeated hyleronic that time is coming.

It happens every spring when the crap weeds and grass pops up. Unfortunately, we had a couple of good Frost’s and now have had several days in the 70’s and another week of it to go. My pasture is green again but it’s not really grass, just something that tears him up. I have him in the Stall and he can go outside into a 30x30 Lot, my old Stud Pen when my Grandson of Leo was still alive. Time marches on for us all. In the Glory Days I had 12 Foundation bred mares and the old stud. Now I have him and my Two Eyed Jack mare left, both born on my place
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:23 pm

I apologize, just logged in. Best wishes for Mrs. OUP!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:48 pm

Hear ya Rambo. After this summers bad drought, my pasture literally looked like the bad side of Tucson. I had no choice but to overseed everything with winter rye which sure cost me but worked out really well. Otherwise Ol Tunder would’ve been slogging through mud all winter, sucking off shoes and making the NAV worse. Just him and his buddy Don Qeyote left on my place; it’s what I can afford to feed these days. Keeping stock has sure gotten expensive. But I am able to spend a lot less on fertilizer for the garden these days as I have my own two factories!
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”