Happy Birthday Joernolav

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Happy Birthday Joernolav

Postby Rambo » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:54 am

I hope you have a Grand Day. Glad you’re here
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Happy Birthday Joernolav

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:24 am

Happy Birthday, Friend, and thanks for all you add to the Forum :tup: :cheers: :salut: :hb:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:27 am

Happy Birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:47 am

Happy Birthday :hb: :wav:
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:51 am

Happy Birthday dude from across the pond

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:53 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Joe. Enjoy your day with your wife and family, and cook up Fonzy something good.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:05 am

Gratulerer med dagen!
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Thank you very much folks. I appreciate it and I also appreciate this forum a lot.
Boots wrote:Gratulerer med dagen!
Boots. Thank you. That is perfect Norwegian!

The day has been great. Started with doing som spackling downstairs.

Wife made a sponge cake to me. Filled with, whipped cream, vanilla sauce/cream, strawberry jam and marzipan lid on top. My favorite cake. Due to circumstances we were out of cake decorating stuff.

Just finished the dinner. I grilled some pork. Will post in separate thread. But Greg: Fonzie got his share. Both of meat and not least cake. Whipped cream is one of his favorites.ImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:03 pm

Very nice Mr. Joe. Glad the events of todays times do not interupt your day. Enjoy.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:32 pm

GRailsback wrote:Very nice Mr. Joe. Glad the events of todays times do not interupt your day. Enjoy.
Yes. The only sad thing is I couldn't have my parents over for cake or food. I can see their house from our house. They are 80 and 83 so we don't take any risks.

Things aren't that bad here now. Number of persons in hospital is down from 324 the April 1st to 309 today. Number of persons in ventilators down from 99 to 89. New daily cases tested positive so far today is 189. Down from 256 3 days ago and down from 374 a day the 27th of March. Number of dead is 70, 8 new today. Average age of those who died is 84. Mostly from nursing homes.

Of over 108.000 tested only 5 687 h as ve tested positive. They are now believing about 50% of the infected have no symptoms but still spread the virus. That is what makes it difficult.

They have now developed an app for your smartphone. Its voluntarily to download it, but hope as many as possible do it. After the Easter they will start testing huge number of persons.

As you know we have a lot of fish farms raising salmon along the coast. They test all salmon for a virus called ILA. That is a huge test capacity since they test millions of young fish before they are put in the farms. They have found that the same tests can be altered to test for the covid 19. Suddenly the the test capacity skyrocketed.

If one person tests positive they can send a quarantine message to all the persons the app has registered the person has been in vicinity of.

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:52 pm

Happy Bday to you!!
Glad to see you on this forum!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Happy birthday brother!!
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Joe that cake looks amazing. Gotta make one.

Get on the horn, call up the King and tell him to call Trump about those Salmon tests. I’m sure Trump would appreciate the call, the vigor and durability of the Norwegian people are a bit of a legend amongst Americans because of Norway’s resistance against the Nazis and their exploits in the Winter Olympics. We Texans see the Norwegians as a kindred people. There were actually even colonies of Norwegians that emigrated to Texas in the 1800s, and in these towns today you will sometimes see traces of Norwegian traditions. See the article below about Clifton not far from Meridian, in the northern Hill Country of Texas. Turns out the word “texas” is actually Norwegian slang for a “wild crazy place” generally... you shoulda told us! I’d agree 200%. We are civilized but retain our wild, independent roots. After all, a beautiful garden needs a few wildflowers, dern it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... star-state

And hey, here’s a birthday present from all of us... doesn’t get more Texas than this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIljHh4KeaU
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:02 am

Boots, your an honorable man. Mr. Joe, your a wonderful addition to this forum. And I wish I could have a piece of that cake. And Fonzie could eat him a whole ribeye.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 am

Boots wrote:Joe that cake looks amazing. Gotta make one.

Get on the horn, call up the King and tell him to call Trump about those Salmon tests. I’m sure Trump would appreciate the call, the vigor and durability of the Norwegian people are a bit of a legend amongst Americans because of Norway’s resistance against the Nazis and their exploits in the Winter Olympics. We Texans see the Norwegians as a kindred people. There were actually even colonies of Norwegians that emigrated to Texas in the 1800s, and in these towns today you will sometimes see traces of Norwegian traditions. See the article below about Clifton not far from Meridian, in the northern Hill Country of Texas. Turns out the word “texas” is actually Norwegian slang for a “wild crazy place” generally... you shoulda told us! I’d agree 200%. We are civilized but retain our wild, independent roots. After all, a beautiful garden needs a few wildflowers, dern it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... star-state

And hey, here’s a birthday present from all of us... doesn’t get more Texas than this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIljHh4KeaU
Thank you Boots, for yet another interesting story. I'm sure you would like that cake. I often put in a layer of crushed pineapple between the sponge layer. Makes it a little fresher. The hardest part is to make that marzipan lid.

Regarding the WW2 we didn't have much of a military in the beginning. Our government had for many years practiced what they called the "broken gun policy". So no match for the Germans when they invaded. Except when they tried to pass the hero at the fortress Oscarsborg. I posted about last summer.

We did put up many resistance groups around the country. They did a lot of important sabotage actions. The most well known is about stopping the heavy water. They mad a film about that. The heroes from Telemark. Starring Kirk Douglass.

What we also were able to do was to utilize our huge fleet of merchant ships for transportation. Unfortunately the sailor wasn't properly recognized for their efforts and sacrifices.

We also managed to establish two airforce bases outside Norway. One outside Toronto Canada with some 300 men and one in England under the RAF. Both bases was manned with pilots that managed to escape from Norway.

I didn't know there where Norwegians that emigrated to Texas. Thought they mainly made it to Minnesota and up north west around Seattle. In 1980 I was touring from Seattle all the way to Prove, Utah and back. Visited a lot of sons of Norway lodges which you find around the US. Very interesting.

You should go to Clifton and try the lutefisk if you can. It's very good, if it's made right.

And the saying "det er helt Texas" is a saying we use very often when as they say in the article.

That last YouTube link is not available here.

Thanks for your post. I appreciated it.

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”