Prayers for Mrs OUP

This is a where news and announcements are posted and questions on how to use the forum.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Re: Prayers for Mrs OUP

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:38 am

OldUsedParts wrote:She fell last night and thank God there were no injuries - - - I couldn't get her up so we called 911 and the Paramedics came and got her up for us. I'm gonna have to look into something like a home apparatus that can help in cases like this - - - when I try to get her up I end up hurting the areas that I'm holding on to. :whiteflag:
Keeping you both in our prayers from the NEPA my friend. Great to hear that there are no injuries from her fall. Is she back home yet Emm ?

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:15 pm

I brought her home Thanksgiving afternoon, Pal - - - you must have missed my Post :dont:
She's healing good but slowly and her age is really beginning to effect all that she does lately. :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:06 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I brought her home Thanksgiving afternoon, Pal - - - you must have missed my Post :dont:
She's healing good but slowly and her age is really beginning to effect all that she does lately. :whiteflag:
Nope, I saw that earlier post.
This one today was in regards to her falling last night. I saw the paramedics came last night so I assumed they took her in to get checked.

I'm glad she's home, I thought they took her to the hospital since they showed up.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:28 pm

jwh wrote:Praying, Friend. The Lord bless and keep y’all and strengthen you for service to your bride.

Amen to what JWH said
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm

thanks, Gentlemen, I pray for strength and proper care giving every night - - - I am blessed to be able to do just that :tup:

If I could just convince her to get up and move around some, instead of constantly lying in bed :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:thanks, Gentlemen, I pray for strength and proper care giving every night - - - I am blessed to be able to do just that :tup:

If I could just convince her to get up and move around some, instead of constantly lying in bed :dont:

I don’t have a proper response to this, but absolutely, we need more exercise, need to keep movin as we get older.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 pm

bowhnter wrote:I don’t have a proper response to this, but absolutely, we need more exercise, need to keep movin as we get older.

:bow: :salut:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:40 am

Prayers Ya'lls direction
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:34 pm

Just tbought to mention, Crazy Water is great with natural electrolytes. Mrs Boots has night leg cramps and some knee issues and the CW (bottled at the source in our own Mineral Wells, Texas) really helps her. Hope she feels more peppy soon.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:31 am

Boots wrote:Just tbought to mention, Crazy Water is great with natural electrolytes. Mrs Boots has night leg cramps and some knee issues and the CW (bottled at the source in our own Mineral Wells, Texas) really helps her. Hope she feels more peppy soon.
I finally got rid of leg cramps by drinking 6 oz. of Best Maid pickle juice at night. Suffered with them all my life until a few years ago. You can get gallon jugs at WalMart for around $7 or at the Best Maid store off of Vickery in Fort Worth.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:20 am

Boots wrote: (bottled at the source in our own Mineral Wells, Texas) .

That's where I went to "North Texas Farriers School" back in Sept. of 1983 :tup: :salut: :texas:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:10 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:

That's where I went to "North Texas Farriers School" back in Sept. of 1983 :tup: :salut: :texas:

Dayum you’re old :laughing7: :laughing7:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:43 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:

And not the brightest bulb on the tree either - - - "I was 42 yrs old and enrolled in a School for Horseshoeing (Farrier)" - - Dr. Seybold was a great teacher and he taught Pathological (Corrective) Horseshoeing" - - - I really enjoyed it until I got hurt and couldn't "physical" meet the demands any longer.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:59 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:

And not the brightest bulb on the tree either - - - "I was 42 yrs old and enrolled in a School for Horseshoeing (Farrier)" - - Dr. Seybold was a great teacher and he taught Pathological (Corrective) Horseshoeing" - - - I really enjoyed it until I got hurt and couldn't "physical" meet the demands any longer.

I’m dealing with a nice bred QH, 13 years old right now that has Navicular. I’m going to have to put him down :whiteflag:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:10 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:
Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:

I’m dealing with a nice bred QH, 13 years old right now that has Navicular. I’m going to have to put him down :whiteflag:

Sorry to hear that. Nav is so common. Ol’ Tunder on our place has some and the farriers we’ve used (I’m about on No.5) have all had to have great skills on that. $$$$! Assuming you already have a farrier and I don’t know anybody in E Texas that might be able to correct it, but there is a good equine vet over in Greenville (he’s also a horse dentist) that might know somebody over your way, if it’s still correctable.

Also, these folks over in Madisonville might know somebody; they’re really into the game. Think I went to high school w/ them.

https://nettles-stirrups.com/contact-v3/
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “TBBQF News, Announcements & Help Using the Forum”