Coffee Makers

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Fanmen
Pilgrim

Re: Coffee Makers

Postby Fanmen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Every coffee lover understands the value and taste of a strong drink. And I think many will support me that there is a problem that there may not always be access to a coffee maker. Therefore, the best solution is that you can learn how to make the perfect coffee at home, because you can just drink it any time you want. To do this, you need to have a coffee maker and excellent recommendations https://activerain.com/blogsview/541881 ... so-at-home for making coffee, which everyone can choose to their own taste.
Last edited by Fanmen on Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm

And why, after eleven years, would this thread be rekindled?
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:15 pm

We had a Technivorm up until our house burned down (not it's fault)
I replaced it with a Cuisinart coffee maker that meets SCA standards (Specialty Coffee Association)
https://sca.coffee/certified-home-brewer will list coffee makers that meet those spsecifications
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:56 am

Rambo wrote:And why, after eleven years, would this thread be rekindled?

I checked his Posts yesterday and NONE OF THEM had a reply below his Post.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 am

Because I've been thinking about my coffeemaker collection? :laughing7:
Moink!
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:42 am

We used to use a coffee maker but eventually dropped it. The coffee had a tendency to stay in the mug on the machine for long time, ending up sour and bitter. We therefore changed to a machine that only makes one or two cups at a time.

At home we use a Nespresso machine. It can make all sorts of coffee styles. Both espresso or ordinary black coffee and all sorts of types in between.

Very convenient since you only make a cup at a time. No cleaning except for descaling periodically.

Similar to this one:

https://www.nespresso.com/es/en/cafe-espresso-original

You get 30 different coffee types.

At the cabin we use a built in machine from Miele. It grounds beans on the fly. Makes great coffee, one cup at a time, but you're stuck with the beans you've filled it with until empty. Like the one in the picture below.Image

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm

The Two Best Coffees that I've ever tasted was brewed in my Granny's Enamel Pot while camping in the Rocky Mtns
AND in my Dad's Enamel Pot over the Trailride Campfires.

They would put a silverware table knife in the mix to keep it from boiling over and when it was finished, they put just a tad of cool water to settle the grounds. Granny would sometimes put a green twig over the top opening for boiling over prevention.

Dad's would hold almost 2 gallons
CoffeePot.jpg
CoffeePot.jpg (86.73 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Wonder if he hung around. This one finally sparked some interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:49 pm

lol sooner
dub'
Cowboy

Postby dub' » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:52 am

two words:
french press
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:51 pm

If you get a Kcup style, get the K adapter that lets you use your choice of your coffee. Cheaper in the long run

niget2002 wrote:We have more coffee makers than I care to admit to, but by far my favorite is the percolator:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... 1&RN=2354&" target="_blank

I use a wall timer to have it come on in the morning if I need it to come on for me, but I don't drink coffee every morning.

The wife thinks it's too much trouble to clean, so she just uses the little cheap 4-cup one that I've had forever. I have no idea what the brand is. Not sure why she thinks it's hard to clean. All you do is rinse everything off and maybe use a little soap in it from time to time... I guess it's because the main part won't go in the dish washer.

If we're trying to impress guests, I'll break out the coffee press and bean grinder. This is definitely the best tasting, but it's a whole lot of work.

When we camp, we have a cheap percolator that I can set down on the fire... I'm not sure why, but lying next to a fire on a beach seems to make coffee taste real good too.

And if that wasn't enough, we're looking at getting one of the single-cup jobs. I can't seem to get the wife to understand that if she only needs 1 cup of coffee for her drive in to work, then only Brew ONE CUP OF COFFEE. She insists on filling up the entire 4-cup pot even though only half of it will fit in her mug. At least she remembers to turn it off before she leaves. :)

My problem is I worked in a coffee shop for too long, so I can sometimes be picky.

Out of the two she narrowed it down to, I'd get the Cuisinart.
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
mike243
Wrangler

Postby mike243 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:02 pm

We use a Keurig through the week and bought a B&D a few weeks back to make a pot on timer, double stainless pot and no heater on the bottom, coffee stays hot for hours and not bitter, have drank a cup or 2 5-6 hours later and was as good as fresh brewed
PB AustinLX, Weber Performer, Weber E310 , 250g trailer pit , 36" cowboy grill, bunch of other ways to burn food.

Return to “General Discussion”