Wish Salsa lasted longer !

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Wish Salsa lasted longer !

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:23 am

Rambo - I could go for a pile of that on some eggs right about now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:29 am

Willie, these are already chopped for Salsa which makes it great. No blender or food processor to clean up. It’s a better grind than the petite diced
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:31 am

bsooner75 wrote:Rambo - I could go for a pile of that on some eggs right about now

It’s easy to make
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 am

Smoked or not, they look great!

OUP...once I had a foot thing going on, couldn't stand. I chopped and mixed etc. at a table sitting down. Would that be easier? :dont:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:09 am

Yes Mam, it would definitely be better and I'm gonna have to do something like that. If I do then it means running an extension cord for the Blender but I'll figure out something. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:38 am

Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Rambo - I could go for a pile of that on some eggs right about now

It’s easy to make

Absolutely and worth it. My wife makes it whenever we go to parties or have people over.

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:26 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Yes Mam, it would definitely be better and I'm gonna have to do something like that. If I do then it means running an extension cord for the Blender but I'll figure out something. :tup:

If you buy those tomatoes you won’t need a blender unless you like a thin salsa like Albert’s
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:07 pm

IMG_0460.jpg
Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Yes Mam, it would definitely be better and I'm gonna have to do something like that. If I do then it means running an extension cord for the Blender but I'll figure out something. :tup:

If you buy those tomatoes you won’t need a blender unless you like a thin salsa like Albert’s

I didn't mean BLENDER I meant to say Food Processor just to chop the own-yawns and jalapenos :banghead: :bow: :whiteflag: :scratch: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:14 pm

:tup:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:16 am

Perfect looking salsa.

Like the idea of using chopped canned tomatoes. That makes it faster and easier. Have to look into that.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:49 am

I agree - it sure will help a lot - - - I'd even go with canned diced Jalapenos but I like to remove the seeds and veins so it's not so Hot, therefore, canned would just be too spicy for "all" concerned. :angryfire:
Grabber70Mach
Pilgrim

Postby Grabber70Mach » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 am

Looks delicious. How hard is it to can them? I've thought in the past about trying to can my salsa but never could determine the correct procedure.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 am

Grabber70Mach wrote:Looks delicious. How hard is it to can them? I've thought in the past about trying to can my salsa but never could determine the correct procedure.

It’s not difficult. If you’re going to use a canning process you’ll need a water bath cooker and I put one cup of vinegar to the batch. If I’m making it fresh, to be consumed within a few weeks, I do not add vinegar
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:10 am

Grabber70Mach wrote:Looks delicious. How hard is it to can them? I've thought in the past about trying to can my salsa but never could determine the correct procedure.

Canning is the easy part.
Here's the Recipe and Process that I use.
https://www.freshpreserving.com/zesty-salsa-br1131.html

NOTE: the Boiling Water Canner is just a large pot with water in it.
It says not to Boil the Empty Jars but I always bring them to a boil and then turn down the heat and move to another burner so I can start processing my Ingredients in another Large Pot. When I have the ingredients in the Warm Jars with the lids on, I place them back into the Water that I originally boiled them in for 15 minutes.

If you have any Questions, please post them here and one of us will try to help you.
Good Luck and Happy Canning
:tup: :salut:
Grabber70Mach
Pilgrim

Postby Grabber70Mach » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 am

Rambo wrote:

It’s not difficult. If you’re going to use a canning process you’ll need a water bath cooker and I put one cup of vinegar to the batch. If I’m making it fresh, to be consumed within a few weeks, I do not add vinegar
OldUsedParts wrote:

Canning is the easy part.
Here's the Recipe and Process that I use.
https://www.freshpreserving.com/zesty-salsa-br1131.html

NOTE: the Boiling Water Canner is just a large pot with water in it.
It says not to Boil the Empty Jars but I always bring them to a boil and then turn down the heat and move to another burner so I can start processing my Ingredients in another Large Pot. When I have the ingredients in the Warm Jars with the lids on, I place them back into the Water that I originally boiled them in for 15 minutes.

If you have any Questions, please post them here and one of us will try to help you.
Good Luck and Happy Canning
:tup: :salut:
Thank you both for the information and link.

Return to “General Discussion”