Luckenbach

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Luckenbach

Postby egghead » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Day 1 of a 38 day road trip. Did a little hopping around on day 1. Picked up some brisket at Blacks in Lockhart and a bunch of sausage to bring to my son and DIL. On to Luckenbach then to Brady for the night. I’m having trouble posting pics - I’ve never had issues in the past. Resizing to 800 and most simply won’t post. But the below one worked. Headed to Salt Lake City to help son and DIL with a move then on to Jackson Hole for a conference and back to SLC for another 10 days of painting, lining shelves, changing knobs, and I’m sure a lot of other stuff.

Gotta have a beer in Luckenbach :D
Attachments
4D058701-520C-4B7A-A14D-F04A0BD8A5EC.jpeg
Last edited by egghead on Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Luckenbach

Postby Rambo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:14 pm

Carry on Brother :cheers:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:58 pm

Always liked Luckenbach. Just big enough to turn around in.

Jackson is a great town if you’ve never been. Tetons just up the road are breathtaking and of course so is Yellowstone, 2 million acres of gobsmacking amazing. Also BTW the Bill Cody museum in Cody is a great stop, second largest of its kind in the country after the National Cowboy museum in OK City. Amazing gun collection and memorabilia.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:51 am

Been to Jackson twice and looking forward to sitting on a saddle at a bar with a cold one (can’t recall the name of the salon but I know where it is :D ). We spent 4 hours one afternoon in the Cody museum, spent the night at a B&B just down the street, then back to the museum for four more hours the next morning before heading to Casper to visit my sister, BIL, their adult children, and grand children. We really like the whole area.

If ever in the area of Buffalo, a couple hours north of Casper, the Occidental Inn is a good place to stay. It’s an old western hotel that the Hole in the Wall gang used to frequent. The floors creak when you walk around on the second floor. Nice bar with bullet holes here and there and Thursday nights there is a jam session with 15-20 locals showing up playing music. They would each take a turn leading a song with their guitar, banjo, piano, etc. One Thursday we were surprised the piano player broke out into a Cajun French song. Turns out he spent a lot of time in Lafayette.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:57 am

Cool Stuff, Amigeaux, so good that Y'all can help the youngins and enjoy the areas at the same time. OH what I'd give to see the Tetons and breath that Air just once more. :tup: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:00 am

That are some nice places. Never been to Luckenbach but visited Salt Lake city, Jackson Hole and both Teton and Yellowstone two years ago.

Since you're going back to SLC I can recommend a restaurant called the Melting Pot. You get a griddle on your table for cooking your own food. Very social.

Best part was the fondue dessert with fruit you dip in a pot of melted white chocolate and other stuff.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “General Discussion”