Helt Texas

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Helt Texas

Postby Boots » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:17 pm

Joe I take a point of pride rather than offense at the notion of “Helt Texas” as I have a gut suspicion it may have arisen as a result of that little revolution and Independence Party we threw back in 1836…. Crazy as in “Crazy” good! When word of it traveled across the oceans, I can only imagine certain Viking ancestors must have been of the opinion, “Man, what a party! We shoulda been there! Now, what’s this Texas place, you say they cook cows for hours and hours with hardwoods? Hmmmmmm.”
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:29 am

Boots wrote:Joe I take a point of pride rather than offense at the notion of “Helt Texas” as I have a gut suspicion it may have arisen as a result of that little revolution and Independence Party we threw back in 1836…. Crazy as in “Crazy” good! When word of it traveled across the oceans, I can only imagine certain Viking ancestors must have been of the opinion, “Man, what a party! We shoulda been there! Now, what’s this Texas place, you say they cook cows for hours and hours with hardwoods? Hmmmmmm.”
Boots. That's the best theory of the origin of the expression I've heard.

I googled a little and found this article from "Texas monthly". They wrote about in 2015:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasm ... crazy/amp/

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:09 am

Norway Joe wrote:
Boots wrote:Joe I take a point of pride rather than offense at the notion of “Helt Texas” as I have a gut suspicion it may have arisen as a result of that little revolution and Independence Party we threw back in 1836…. Crazy as in “Crazy” good! When word of it traveled across the oceans, I can only imagine certain Viking ancestors must have been of the opinion, “Man, what a party! We shoulda been there! Now, what’s this Texas place, you say they cook cows for hours and hours with hardwoods? Hmmmmmm.”
Boots. That's the best theory of the origin of the expression I've heard.
I googled a little and found this article from "Texas monthly". They wrote about in 2015:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasm ... crazy/amp/

Great Words Gentlemen
"Come and Take It"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”