Car Wash

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Car Wash

Postby GRailsback » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:35 am

Any of you North Texas guys know where there is a high bay coin operated car wash that I can wash my motothome in the Ronoake area after I run through all this rain on my way to Texas Motor Speedway?
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Car Wash

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:28 pm

Hmmmm not really near Roanoke but there was an RV place in Denton off 35 that had a truck / RV wash. Been a while since I’ve been that way but I’ll look. Kiddo and I might be at the track Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:34 pm

I think it’s called RV wash station of Corinth based on google search but not much other information

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:50 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Hmmmm not really near Roanoke but there was an RV place in Denton off 35 that had a truck / RV wash. Been a while since I’ve been that way but I’ll look. Kiddo and I might be at the track Sunday.

I'm jusy now seeing this Sooner. Did ya'll make it out to the track. i checked the forum when I got close to the track on Thursday afternoon and hadn't been on since.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:27 pm

GRailsback wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Hmmmm not really near Roanoke but there was an RV place in Denton off 35 that had a truck / RV wash. Been a while since I’ve been that way but I’ll look. Kiddo and I might be at the track Sunday.

I'm jusy now seeing this Sooner. Did ya'll make it out to the track. i checked the forum when I got close to the track on Thursday afternoon and hadn't been on since.

:laughing7:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm

We did. Been a while since I’ve been out. Crowds were quite a bit smaller. Didn’t stand in line one time to go to the bathroom and traffic was nowhere near as bad as it used to be. For the most part the racing was about the same, I’m just not a big fan of the racing TMS turns out. We had fun though and my daughter and her friend really enjoyed it. Tickets were free so I can’t ask for much more than that. We left with 60 to go and then listened to the rest on the radio headed home. They started tearing up some cars at the end but nobody had much for the 5 and 25.

Did y’all have fun?

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 pm

Wish I would have looked on here sooner. Yes we always have a good time there. Not near as big a time as we have at Talladega, but fun none the less. Got there Thursday afternoon. Rolled out about 10 this morning. They did tear up a bunch of cars in the last 50 laps, and nobody had anything for the 5 car. Hope he wins it all.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Meant 5 & 24 - my fat fingers got in the way.

Glad y’all had fun and the weather was great once you got past that rain

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:17 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Meant 5 & 24 - my fat fingers got in the way.

Glad y’all had fun and the weather was great once you got past that rain

I knew that was a typo.

The rain was heavy from Houston to College Staion. I topped off with fuel for the generator at the Bucees next to the track and it didn't look all that bad since I had just washed it the night prior. So I just went on in and got set up before sundown. And your right, been a long time since I have had a long 4 day weekend with that kind of weather.

Return to “General Discussion”