Hudson and his nightly prayer

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Hudson and his nightly prayer

Postby bobcat1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:10 pm

The boy is thriving!

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Hudson and his nightly prayer

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 am

PRAISE THE LORD :wav:

"My Day Has Just Been Made" :!: :tup: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:19 am

I’m so Happy. That Boy is so resilient and you and his Support Group are awesome. I’m Old too, we’re babysitting our 2 year old Grandson while his Mother and Father work. I understand the sacrifices and time you have spent. He is healthy; I can NOT even imagine what you have been through but you are a GREAT MAN
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:44 pm

I can’t love this enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:11 pm

:cheers:

He's soo cute.
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Precious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:55 am

The Fabulous Hudson Hornet.

+1 on the power of prayer and The Big Man. But for that, I should’ve been dead 25 times, conservatively. Nearly outlived 3 cats now. Nearly drowned at 7; thrown from, run over, and fell on by horses; rolled a truck and walked without a scratch; nearly had my head taken off by a garage door spring that cut loose at the American Royal; broken 20” wheel off a big ol’ SUV on the Tollway cut loose, bounced over the median rail and cleared my head by 6”, impaling the radiator of the SUV immediately behind me; got drug behind a tractor with a rope at 6; hit the ditch at 17 going 70 and mowed down 50 yards of cedar posts and barb wire and drove off without a scratch; fell off a roof with a roofing hatchet in my belt and nary a scratch; broke a rib on a beer can skiing (don’t ask) and walked away; numerous concussions, neck jams, spinal crunches playing football no pads; came a foot from head blowed off w shotgun by idiot friend during dove season; had a black widow fall in my pants in high school; accidentally swallowed a pint of gasoline using a garden hose for a siphon (bad idea) with no ill effects other than smelling funny for several days; dancing the hootchie coochie w a waitress in New Orleans only to have her cop husband barrel in on us and didn’t get shot or arrested; at 10, unknowingly flew a Cessna up into the active commercial airline space at 10,000 feet when my Dad decided it was an ok time for a nap (same guy who thought it a good idea to climb a 40 foot un-guyed tripod tower to adjust the TV antenna between rainstorms); climbed 30 feet up the side of the stone Torreón tower in Lincoln New Mexico at age 9 and then back down without falling off; climbed around cliff a rim face on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon at an age that really knew better; accidental stepped on rusty nails, cut with knifes, whacked with hammers, zapped by electrical wires, impaled by a nail by roofing boss; persuaded to take experimental sinus drug by nutty English doctor in college that was later banned by FDA (this may explain a lot); thrown from a runaway go cart down Greenville Avenue on St Patrick’s Day (don’t ask); sister hit me over the head with a lug wrench about age 12; bit by German Shepard mix 6 years ago; bit by a horse in the neck and lifted off the ground about age 11; thrown 30 feet in the air and into a lake by the starting defensive tackle at Cameron State University about age 21 (don’t ask); multiple bouts of food poisoning (not self inflicted, for the record); survived failed Kamikaze pilot cab driver in Chicago; drank enough beer in college to bankrupt a brewery; etc etc etc. I mean, that’s just not normal, people just don’t live through all that, the only way you explain that is The Higher Power. Now that’s not even coming close to the miracle that is Hudson of course, but a pretty decent lifetime history of small miracles that begs my daily appreciation of still being alive.

Which all goes to prove one universal truth:

The Big Man looks out for idiots and small children.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:39 am

Wow! I don't care to list mine but it was plenty. Does not compare to Hudson though even though I was to be dead by 5 according to the doctors from Cancer. So far they missed it 60 years thank you Lord!

Return to “General Discussion”