Pizza in Houma

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Pizza in Houma

Postby GRailsback » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:03 pm

Made my first trip to Houma since the hurricane tore the place up. Lots of places still closed. And once I got in the air in the helicopter there were a lot of blue tarps on roofs yet.

But my ole favorite pizza joint was open. West Main Pizza, went for the all meat, with a few cold ones.

18990F5A-691F-4A93-B498-5E62841AF916.jpeg
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Re: Pizza in Houma

Postby 1MoreFord » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:48 am

My only question is; when in Houma did you go for pizza? You can get pizza everywhere. Why not some authentic cajun or creole? :dont:
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:02 am

1MoreFord wrote:My only question is; when in Houma did you go for pizza? You can get pizza everywhere. Why not some authentic cajun or creole? :dont:

Because Houma was recently nearly destroyed by a hurricane. You go where something is open at this point. I also eat a lot of seafood down here, boiled. But they have great pizza in this region as well. I wouldn’t leave houston and come here for BBQ, or Mexican food for that matter. But there is quite a robust Italian population down here, and heavily Catholic as well.

And your right, you can get pizza everywhere. But not all pizza is created equal.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:19 am

Won't be long before you can get a Mud Bug Pizza :laughing7: :roll: :shock: :tup: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 pm

They didn’t hold back on the meats. Looks good. Glad to see a few places are open. Hopefully more of them will as time goes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:01 pm

bsooner75 wrote:They didn’t hold back on the meats. Looks good. Glad to see a few places are open. Hopefully more of them will as time goes by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner these folks took a beating on this last one. Disheartening to see, but they are hearty folks and pick up the pieces and rebuild. I haven’t had a chance to get further down the bayou yet to see how the folks from Cut Off and Galliano are doing.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:17 pm

I appreciate your passion for for the local folks and you don’t need to defend your intentions to those that don’t understand
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Thank you Rambo, I have spent a lot of time over in South Louisiana over the last 26 years. I have met some great people, ate in some of the best mom and pop shops, drank a bunch of beer, and had the best times with these people. Wouldn’t trade it. The folks from lake Charles to grand Isle along the coast are good people.

That pizza joint is nostalgic. Looks the same as it did when I first started going in it. My waitress was a student from Nichols State, and she is heading to Austin to take some more schooling in physical therapy. Her tip matched the total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:05 am

:tup: :wav: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:29 pm

Safe travels brother. Keep punching holes, my Mustang needs the gas, and America owes the men who pull the dragons from the ground.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:55 pm

:bow: :tup: :flag:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:02 pm

Had some bad weather out here the last few days when the front blew in. But the moon is full tonight and the seas are calm.

3BF567BD-13C5-446B-8C55-234BC15A2CDB.jpeg
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:28 am

Looks peaceful
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:20 am

The coldest that I've ever been was fishing Saltwater one Winter when the edges of the Bay froze. BRRRRRRRRRR
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:43 pm

West Main Za is outstanding

Couple of our stops when we visit family are:

1921 - Boiled seafood but don’t pass on the raw oysters and cold beer

Hebert’s Cafe - just plain good home cooking but only open for breakfast and lunch during the week and Friday evenings

Mr PoBoy - The sloppy roast beef PoBoy is my favorite

TARC (on blimp base) Breakfast and Lunch home cooking

TARC (on Enterprise) just go for the beignets

Copeland’s is pretty good as well

Have been to 1921 and Hebert’s since Hurricane - I’m guessing the others are open by now
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE

Return to “General Discussion”