Pillsbury Cornbread Swirls - - I don't think so

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Pillsbury Cornbread Swirls - - I don't think so

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:29 pm

Well, I fixed the tube of Pillsbury Cornbread Swirls at Lunch and "MY PERSONAL OPINION IS"
There was Nothing except the LABEL that resembled CORNBREAD.
It was more of a Muffin that had a Roll/Biscuit Flavor but nothing looked or tasted like Real Cornbread. :whiteflag:
As a matter of fact, I drizzled one of them with Powdered Sugar Icing and sprinkled with Cinnamon and I plan on doing that to the remaining
three for breakfast in the morning.
IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

The baking instructions said to bake at 375
for 14 to 17 minutes and I had to use the full
17 to even get a remote golden brown spot or two.
The inside was like a roll or biscuit also.
IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Pillsbury Cornbread Swirls - - I don't think so

Postby Rambo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:12 pm

Sorry you didn’t like them
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:06 pm

It wasn't so much that I didn't like them, they just "aren't" Cornbread the way I have known it all my life.
There's no way that you could take genuine Cornbread Batter, kneed it, roll it out and cut it into strips like that. :dont: :whiteflag:
I plan on making me some good cinnamon Rolls from the last three in the Morning, so we'll see how that goes. :scratch:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:22 pm

Never seen any here, but they look like they'd make a decent lining for the Wafflizer.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:38 pm

I wish someone would also try them and get us a second opinion - - - - The Funny Thing was that they were the ONLY THING IN THE BISCUIT CASE at Brookeshire Bros Grocery. :dont:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:54 am

OK, I used the last 3 Swirls to create some Cinnamon Rolls with Powdered Sugar Icing.
I ate 2 and I'm saving 1 for the Wife.
As far as my taste goes, they fit better in the Cinnamon Roll endeavor than anything connected with Cornbread. :dont: :whiteflag:

Prior to microwave warming
IMG_0086.JPG

After melting in the microwave
IMG_0085.JPG
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:21 am

Parts, I wanted to try these so I just did a search of my local markets. They didn't come up, but the sugared version looks gooood. :salut:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:35 pm

Sailor Kenshin wrote:Parts, I wanted to try these so I just did a search of my local markets. They didn't come up, but the sugared version looks gooood. :salut:

Well, I fixed one for Sherry and she liked it - - - matter of fact she said it was better than the regular Store Bought Cinnamon Rolls :dont:
So I may be buying more later to make into Cinnamon Rolls :scratch: "Who'da Thunk'it" :dont:

Return to “General Discussion”