Hooters

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Hooters

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:19 am

Already got an answer from him - - -
Willie Wrote: Yes sir, I'll be at the races and yes the track was sold and will shut down at the end of the year.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:23 am

GRailsback wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Yo, G-Rail -- - Y'all goin to Talley ? I think my Podnah, from Gonzales is headed there tomorrow with Family.
Be Safe Friend, Emm

Speaking of racing, I wonder if Willie is going to the spring nationals at the drag strip this weekend. I think the track is shutting down after this year.

I'm still alive and well. I'll be at the races all 3 day's for the last national meet.

GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 am

GRailsback wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Yo, G-Rail -- - Y'all goin to Talley ? I think my Podnah, from Gonzales is headed there tomorrow with Family.
Be Safe Friend, Emm

Speaking of racing, I wonder if Willie is going to the spring nationals at the drag strip this weekend. I think the track is shutting down after this year.

You are correct. Investors bought the property along with committed race schedule. At the end of the season they are going to raze the track and build an industrial park.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Williep wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
Be Safe Friend, Emm

I'm still alive and well. I'll be at the races all 3 day's for the last national meet.

Willie I wish I was in town, but the offshore life keeps me going. Otherwise I would buy that ticket and come out and drink a beer with you for the last dance out there. Its really a shame that place is going away. Especially with all the fast times they have set out there over the years in the spring with cool weather and low humidity days. Hope you are doing well Sir. One day I am going to drink a beer with you at the Topwater Grill.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:09 pm

GTR wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
Be Safe Friend, Emm

You are correct. Investors bought the property along with committed race schedule. At the end of the season they are going to raze the track and build an industrial park.

Well at least they honored the schedule GTR. That place has been a fixture on the east side of town for many years. I am a pretty big fan of racing, and I find it disappointing to see any race venue disappear. They disappear at a lot higher rate than what new ones are built that's for sure. I bet Willie probably remembers when that place was built. I have lived in Houston for 38 years and it was here when I got here.

Return to “General Discussion”