BBQ Pics

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: BBQ Pics

Postby GRailsback » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:26 am

Professor Bunky wrote:Good Luck with your retirement planning, GR. It's usually not an easy decision.

And thank you for all of your hard work and sacrifices out there.

PB you are so right. Everytime I think about it, fear sets in about not having a job. I’ve never not had one since I was a very young kid, starting out working for my father. My original plan was to go to 59 1/2, and that is still my intention today if I can make it that far. Fortunately I have a life partner in my wife who is the brains and the reason I can talk about hanging it up at 56.

I knew how to make money, she knew what to do with it. I have a lot because of her. And I am grateful.
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Postby Professor Bunky » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:02 pm

GR,
It’s also important to start thinking now about what you’ll want to do with your time once you’re retired. It’s an odd feeling not to have a job to go to (I had been continuously working since I finished school). I found one way to do the transition was retiring at the beginning of summer, and treating it as a really long summer vacation. :D

Good Luck.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:45 pm

GRailsback wrote:
Sailor Kenshin wrote:I am fascinated by these offshore rigs, and recently saw a few videos detailing everyday life on one….GR, I am not a family member and none of my people worked a job like yours, but I appreciate what you've done, and the photos you shared here.

Miss Sailor, you are family to me. You always have a kind word for everyone.

Aww…. thanks!
Moink!
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:21 pm

Professor Bunky wrote:GR,
It’s also important to start thinking now about what you’ll want to do with your time once you’re retired. It’s an odd feeling not to have a job to go to (I had been continuously working since I finished school). I found one way to do the transition was retiring at the beginning of summer, and treating it as a really long summer vacation. :D

Good Luck.

I know, I would probably be back working in a month or to.

Return to “General Discussion”