Happy Halloween everyone.

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Happy Halloween everyone.

Postby GRailsback » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:14 am

spacetrucker wrote:again, THANK YOU for the insight!! that is a world I have never been exposed to, I find that most interesting :cheers:

Your welcome, I can promise you it’s not as glamorous as it looks.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:24 am

I knew a lot of Riggers, Petroleum Engineers and Geologists that told stories about those Platforms but, even tho I worked in the Petroleum Industry (O&G) for many years of my life, I never wanted to get on a Platform. The closest that I ever got was in my Boat with my Sons "fishing". We caught lots of fish while anchored and casting towards the base of the Structure.

Are Y'all allowed to catch and release from the bottom of the Platform during off time???

OK, so that other one wasn't my Last Question! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:09 am

spacetrucker wrote:again, THANK YOU for the insight!! that is a world I have never been exposed to, I find that most interesting :cheers:

Yes! I watched a couple of videos a while back about life on a platform. Fascinating.
Moink!
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:21 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I knew a lot of Riggers, Petroleum Engineers and Geologists that told stories about those Platforms but, even tho I worked in the Petroleum Industry (O&G) for many years of my life, I never wanted to get on a Platform. The closest that I ever got was in my Boat with my Sons "fishing". We caught lots of fish while anchored and casting towards the base of the Structure.

Are Y'all allowed to catch and release from the bottom of the Platform during off time???

OK, so that other one wasn't my Last Question! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

You can fish off of some of these rigs, and others you can’t. Since they operate off of DPS, some don’t want a bunch of fishing line caught up in their thrusters.

Return to “General Discussion”