Easter Menu’s

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Easter Menu’s

Postby Rambo » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:17 pm

What y’all cook’n? I’m doing one small Boston Butt and bought an 18 Lb Fricks bone in ham that I’m going to score and Doctor a little
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Re: Easter Menu’s

Postby bowhnter » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:03 pm

It’s at our daughter’s :D this year, so all I need to do is warm up the cooks ham.
I’m sure my wife has to do something but not sure what.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:07 am

Tentative plan is fish and shrimp fry Good Friday.
S&P brisket and ribs Sunday.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:59 am

the daughter and granddaughter are in, they are leaving Saturday, so no cooking mostly eating out and entertaining the 4 year old. :whiteflag:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:37 am

A bit tapped out here. Ashamed to say that dinner will be a rotisserie chicken, loaded mashed taters, and some form of green.

At least breakfast will be our tradition of eggs and fresh asparagus. Plus some monkey bread.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:27 pm

If I can get to HEB, I'm gonna try and get close to that Pichanha that Brother John "captured" last week. :tup: :cheers: :chef: :dont: this all depends on whether Sherry get to feeling better - - - she was in the hospital Wed and Thur and her appetite is pretty poor so far :dont: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:39 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:If I can get to HEB, I'm gonna try and get close to that Pichanha that Brother John "captured" last week. :tup: :cheers: :chef: :dont: this all depends on whether Sherry get to feeling better - - - she was in the hospital Wed and Thur and her appetite is pretty poor so far :dont: :whiteflag:

Sorry to hear that. Best Wishes for Mrs Sherry
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:50 pm

Thanks, looks like she may be having some major Kidney Issues - - - however, it could be an infection - - - we'll know later
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:19 pm

FYI if anyone is doing a Ham and looking for a Glaze. I did a test batch today of a recipe from Ree Drummond and I like it. In a saucepan put 3 cups of brown sugar, half a cup of spicy brown mustard, 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, and a can of Dr. Pepper. Simmer it until it thickens up a little
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:14 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:depends on whether Sherry get to feeling better - - - she was in the hospital Wed and Thur and her appetite is pretty poor so far :dont: :whiteflag:

Hope your wife gets to feeling better soon!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:24 pm

thank y'all, she seems to be getting better but slowly - - maybe the antibiotic is starting to do some good?? :tup: :cheers:
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:26 am

Happy Easter! Just can't imagine all that pain and suffering Jesus went through for us! Amazing! Anyway, I am going to wang it up with some BBQ crack (pork belly burnt ends) and maybe a pork tenderloin stuffed with jalapenos/cream cheese, wrapped in bacon. I hope everyone has an amazing day!
Bockbock
Dillo Q
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:10 pm

Praise the Lord for the Sacrifice that gave us Salvation and Eternity :bow:

As far as my Easter Menu goes, I couldn't find the Picanha that I wanted so I got some Bone-in Country Style Ribs from a Boston Butt to smoke over some Kinsford Briquettes - - - :tup: "pics later, Y'all"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:26 pm

Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:If I can get to HEB, I'm gonna try and get close to that Pichanha that Brother John "captured" last week. :tup: :cheers: :chef: :dont: this all depends on whether Sherry get to feeling better - - - she was in the hospital Wed and Thur and her appetite is pretty poor so far :dont: :whiteflag:

Sorry to hear that. Best Wishes for Mrs Sherry

Amen.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 pm

Hey Gang, Sherry is doing soooooo much better today "Praise The Lord" - - she took her 2nd Antibiotic this morning and it might have been that that helped her so much - - - - ?OR? she might have healed over time at home???? Hopefully we can make it to Church tomorrow morning - - - she's saying that we're going so God Willing We Are :tup:

Return to “General Discussion”