The Evils of Alchohol

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

The Evils of Alchohol

Postby Boots » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Preacher told a good story in the sermon today. Story is about a young preacher at his first sermon given to a crowd of prisoners about to be paroled, who gets up in front of the congregation to preach. Remembering a suggestion from his seminary professor, he sets out to teach an object lesson about the evils of drinking. He has an assistant bring out two large glass pitchers filled with clear substances. He explains to the congregation one is full of spring water, and the other is full of pure grain alcohol. He then reaches into his pocket and pulls out a large earthworm and drops it in the glass of water. After wiggling furiously for a few minutes the worm calms down and begins to swim about the glass exploring his space obviously at peace and calm. Then the preacher reaches into the glass pulls out the worm and drops it in the glass of grain alcohol. The worm begins wiggling furiously again and then starts becoming weak, at last becoming rigid and floating to the top, dead.

The preacher stares somberly out of the crowd for a few moments, and then pointing his finger into the audience calls out loudly and dramatically, "what is the lesson we have learned here people?"

Several moments of stunned silence follow. Finally, one older congregant in the back of the crowd stands up and raises his hand.

"Yes?" The preacher says excitedly.

The man clears his throat. "The lesson preacher is, if I drink enough grain alcohol, I will never get worms!"
Last edited by Boots on Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: The Evils of Alchohol

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Hee Haw Donkey (2).jpg
Hee Haw Donkey (2).jpg (46.95 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

roflmao2.gif
roflmao2.gif (46.58 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”