Nukeless in Montgomery

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Nukeless in Montgomery

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:21 am

Our Microwave went out yesterday and by the time I got around to fixing Breakfast this morning, I began to realize that, I am WAY TOO DEPENDANT on that ?thing? :whiteflag: :banghead: :deadhorse: :slap: :bow:

My Handyman/Contractor Friend is gonna check out the broken one this morning but I'm seriously thinking about buying a counter-top model just for ?emergencies? like this one. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Re: Nukeless in Montgomery

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:55 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Our Microwave went out yesterday and by the time I got around to fixing Breakfast this morning, I began to realize that, I am WAY TOO DEPENDANT on that ?thing? :whiteflag: :banghead: :deadhorse: :slap:

My Handyman/Contractor Friend is gonna check out the broken one this morning but I'm seriously thinking about buying a counter-top model just for ?emergencies? like this one. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Hey bud,

You're better off not putting any $ into repairing it IMHO.
You might want to look into a microwave that does Convection as well, it will change your outlook on microwaves.
Not only can you heat things up fast like a microwave, you can also use it as a mini oven. Ninja brand is great, but a bit $$. But, you can find other brands that will cost you a lot less that do the same thing.

Left over Pizza in the microwave sucks as we all know. You have to eat it within 8.63 seconds after you nuke it or else you are chewing a rubber/concrete texture.
Reheat a slice using Convect and its better than fresh pizza some might say. The crust/dough/cheese/sauce will be perfect. Chicken on Convect will keep it from drying out as well, same with all types of meat. Plus, you can cook from frozen and have perfect meals without worrying about how they come out.

Again, just my opinion but I think other members that cook with Convection will agree.

Just make sure that you move the heat discharge vent to where you need it. Some vent on top, some vent on the bottom. The reason for that is if you get one that goes above your stove and under your cabinet, you need to close off the top vent and open the bottom.
It's worth a look Emm

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:37 am

Thanks Pocono Pard, however, it looks like the problem ?might? be a blown fuse.
He's gone to get one and we'll see if that fixes it before too long.

'preciate the info :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:04 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Thanks Pocono Pard, however, it looks like the problem ?might? be a blown fuse.
He's gone to get one and we'll see if that fixes it before too long.

'preciate the info :tup: :salut:
Hmm..makes me wonder what popped a fuse. Hope you get it figured out buddy.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:36 pm

We decided to just replace it with a Stove Vent and Lights and then I"ll replace it with a Counter Model. :tup:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:50 pm

Isn't a "Confection Oven" the same as a Hot Air Fryer ?????????????????? :dont: :scratch:
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:55 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Isn't a "Confection Oven" the same as a Hot Air Fryer ?????????????????? :dont: :scratch:
Same idea, a few differences tho.

Convection oven has fan in back wall, air fryer is up top. Biggest difference is size capabilities.
When you use the oven type, you can bake instead of fry using the fan to circulate the air for more evenly cooking.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:59 pm

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:37 pm

I'm thinking that first the pellet igniter then the nuclear cabinet I'd be looking over my shoulder and tossing salt over the other...
tarde venientibus ossa....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:45 pm

I think I'll use SPG instead of Salt, Papa Tom :laughing7:

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”