The Poconos are gifted with this establishment !

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

The Poconos are gifted with this establishment !

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi all, nothing cooked by me here in this post. I just wanted to share this treasure up here that we now have about 15 minutes from me.

Over the summer my wife read an article about a local food truck owner that sets an inflatable movie screen up in a field 30 seconds from the Pocono Raceway. He plays family friendly movies for anyone that wants to watch for free once or twice a week.
He hoped that while the movies were playing he would acquire hungry customers as his truck and pit are 10 steps away from front row seating.
Very quickly word got around about the Q and the flicks and he now has a very large following, and what he really focuses on is LOCAL everything.
He has a lot of loyal customers and about 2 months ago he moved down the road about 5 minutes away.
He now has a bigger lot, better location and also is in the process of turning an old used car dealership office into his own restaurant for those that would like to order from the truck and sit inside and relax while they eat.
Soon, he will be carrying our Candle line on his truck and inside his establishment. I'm currently working on his Signature candle scent which is Smoked Cherry Chocolate Sauce which he is known for on his Brisket sammiches and his very popular Angus Steak Burgers.
Yesterday I learned that his burgers are now going to market and will be in a slew of supermarkets up here in PA and NJ.
He smokes these first and then packages these for the frozen section. He also sells them fresh off his pit and for those that want to take out.
Yesterday he sent me these pics so I wanted to share with you.
He smokes about 1,000 burgers at once now with his pit he built with his father long ago but is now in the process of having one built that can accommodate 4,000 at once.

I'm super happy for this guy, his food is delicious, I had his Steak burger today with smoked bacon, Jalapeños and smoked cherry sauce.

For those of you that follow Nascar and make road trips, he is right on rt 115 in between rt 80 and 903.
His name is Chuck and his guy is named Mike that runs the truck, both super cool guys.

https://www.thecountryroadchef.com/blank
IMG_20221026_211012.jpg
IMG_20221026_211035.jpg
20221027_191311.jpg
20221027_191252.jpg
IMG_20221026_211031.jpg
IMG_20221026_211040.jpg
IMG_20221026_211026.jpg
IMG_20221026_211021.jpg
IMG_20221026_211016.jpg

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
smoking piney USER_AVATAR
Smoking Piney
Outlaw

Re: The Poconos are gifted with this establishment !

Postby Smoking Piney » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:39 pm

I'm from this neck of the woods, but this post is just a blatant advertisement. :roll:

Nice try.
John - Hopelessly addicted to smoking and grilling. :D
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:45 pm

Smoking Piney wrote:I'm from this neck of the woods, but this post is just an advertisement. :roll:

Nice try.
Excuse me ??

You must not know who I am.
And....to be fair, you are south jersey, nowhere near here.

Wow....it's nice to be back I see.

One thing I learned, it's all in how you talk to people.

Emm, Rambo, if you want I'll delete this post.
You guys know I'm not a B.S guy here.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:05 pm

Great looking burger Pattie’s he has Woody. It’s always good to hear success stories like that. As you may know I follow NASCAR pretty close. Pocono Raceway is on my bucket list for sure when I retire. I have long been a fan of the Mattioli family. That guy helped put NASCAR in business.

What hard woods are they using to smoke with up there?
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:12 pm

GRailsback wrote:Great looking burger Pattie’s he has Woody. It’s always good to hear success stories like that. As you may know I follow NASCAR pretty close. Pocono Raceway is on my bucket list for sure when I retire. I have long been a fan of the Mattioli family. That guy helped put NASCAR in business.

I remember a handful of you guys on here following Nascar and thought about you guys when I posted this.

Yes, I'm happy for a small guy to be successful like this, he's a hard worker for sure.
He uses a LOT of Oak but does use Peach and Cherry too, especially with his smoked deserts.

I can hear the cars on the weekends, lots of Car Clubs rent the track this time of the year.

Let me know if you ever make the trip, we'll show you some Pocono hospitality and save you a hotel room if you're not doing the infield or RV thing.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:27 pm

The Pocono Ring Shop wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Great looking burger Pattie’s he has Woody. It’s always good to hear success stories like that. As you may know I follow NASCAR pretty close. Pocono Raceway is on my bucket list for sure when I retire. I have long been a fan of the Mattioli family. That guy helped put NASCAR in business.

I remember a handful of you guys on here following Nascar and thought about you guys when I posted this.

Yes, I'm happy for a small guy to be successful like this, he's a hard worker for sure.
He uses a LOT of Oak but does use Peach and Cherry too, especially with his smoked deserts.

I can hear the cars on the weekends, lots of Car Clubs rent the track this time of the year.

Let me know if you ever make the trip, we'll show you some Pocono hospitality and save you a hotel room if you're not doing the infield or RV thing.

I loaned my pit to my rodeo committee one year and they did a bunch of burger Pattie’s to feed a bunch of FFA kids. But I think they just bought the pre made frozen Pattie’s from Sams. But to be able to do 4K at a time is impressive.

I just got home from a trip where I went to a couple of the races. Then did a bunch of other neat stuff with my wife. And I was able to meet another guy and from the forum and his wife as well and went out to dinner. They are good folks. So you can bet when I do make it up there for the races, I will look up you and your Misses and the little guy, the pleasure will be all mine I promise.
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:38 pm

GRailsback wrote:
The Pocono Ring Shop wrote:

I loaned my pit to my rodeo committee one year and they did a bunch of burger Pattie’s to feed a bunch of FFA kids. But I think they just bought the pre made frozen Pattie’s from Sams. But to be able to do 4K at a time is impressive.

I just got home from a trip where I went to a couple of the races. Then did a bunch of other neat stuff with my wife. And I was able to meet another guy and from the forum and his wife as well and went out to dinner. They are good folks. So you can bet when I do make it up there for the races, I will look up you and your Misses and the little guy, the pleasure will be all mine I promise.
That's a lot of burgers either way. Definitely lots of work.
I'm sure the pleasure would be ours to bud, we'd have a great time.

Yes, this smoker is a huge black box type with the feed in the center on the bottom.

Looks like a shipping container lol only smaller

bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:28 pm

I worked out there between Harrisburg, Scranton, Hazleton, back in the mid 80s puttin in phone switches. Didn’t know a thing about nascar then. I’ve only attended at TMS in TX, it was a blast and had passes for the infield/garages.
Tryin to plan a trip out there for spring but the Gettysburg area.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:46 am

Smoking Piney wrote:I'm from this neck of the woods, but this post is just a blatant advertisement. :roll: Nice try.

I don't see any problem with this post, except it should be in BBQ JOINTS - REVIEWS & DISCUSSION !
and I'm moving it now !

Have a Great Weekend, Y'all
OUP

P.S. YES IT"S 4am in the morning :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:46 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
Smoking Piney wrote:I'm from this neck of the woods, but this post is just a blatant advertisement. :roll: Nice try.

I don't see any problem with this post, except it should be in BBQ JOINTS - REVIEWS & DISCUSSION !
and I'm moving it now !

OUP

Parts, piney got out a little bit over his skis on this one. I myself am excited to see Woody back posting. He’s a great cook and a even better fella.

Now go back to bed.
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:09 am

OldUsedParts wrote:

and I'm moving it now !

OUP

Sorry about the wrong spot bud, I should have picked a little better. Thanks for changing it.

The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:33 am

bowhnter wrote:I worked out there between Harrisburg, Scranton, Hazleton, back in the mid 80s puttin in phone switches. Didn’t know a thing about nascar then. I’ve only attended at TMS in TX, it was a blast and had passes for the infield/garages.
Tryin to plan a trip out there for spring but the Gettysburg area.
Bowhntr

Yeah, this area has changed since the 80's just like a lot of areas.
Thankfully we're in the mountain areas where there is still a lot of land, state forests and rivers. We're away from the chaos which is why we moved an hour West in 2007.
37 years was enough of that.
I'm familiar with all of those cities you mentioned, even busier now than before.

Pocono can be a good race to see if ( A ) it doesn't rain, which seems to happen often for that track, i remember quite a few races being held on Monday which now gave a lot of people another day to party and ( B ) it isn't 100 degrees in August.

Weather up here changes pretty quickly but either way it's a good time.
I used to like driving up and down rt 115 people watching when we moved here.
You see some funny things and unusual characters up here, some like to put a ladder against their houses and put lawnchairs on their roof, get hammered and talk / shout hello to everyone in line for the races.
You will see some homeowners with signs ( Race Parking 20$ ) or whatever they charge and let you park in their driveways or even front yards.
People will set up their grills along the road and make burgers and dogs and sell them because they know the traffic is unreal. I don't think the health department even gives them a second thought but who knows.
At one point, they will shut the Northbound traffic down and make southbound to the track 2 lanes.
PSP have their hands full but 99 % of the time nothing major goes bad.
Most of these mountain people up here just want to cut loose and have a good time.

It's definitely worth a look if you are interested bowhntr

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”