Flores BBQ at Edward Ranch In Ft. Worth

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Damon54
Cowboy

Flores BBQ at Edward Ranch In Ft. Worth

Postby Damon54 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 am

This has got to be the most prime BBQ Trailer location I have ever seen. Ft. Worth does such a better job than my hometown of Dallas at planned developments that it is getting a bit embarrassing. The Trailhead at Clear Fork is no exception. This is on the West Bank of the Clear Fork of the Trinity River at what had been the Edwards Ranch. You can see the ongoing construction work on the TCU Amon Carter Stadium , surprisingly close, off to the east.

There is a Mellow Johnny’s Bike shop and The Press Cafe In a ultra modern two story building that allows for Flores Patrons and others using the space to have access to nice indoor bathrooms and other amenities. On the day I was there a class of about 80 or so was doing yoga and there was a Farmers Market going on. Lots of cyclist and walkers/joggers hitting the trails from this access point.

There is a nice little grove of trees with some misting fans adjacent to the Flores Trailer. The “Trailer” is hard anchored to an impressive HVAC rig so they will not be going anywhere soon.

BBQ is the same high quality I recall from their vacated Lake Whitney location. The Hatch Chili Grits are Amazing!

I tested the BYOB waters on my last visit w no issues.
Last edited by Damon54 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damon54
Cowboy

Re: Flores Edward Ranch In Ft. Worth

Postby Damon54 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Flores BBQ is not shown in this video but it does give you the vibe.

https://www.trailhead1848.com/video

Two Moberg Offsets are located just to the South behind the Trailer.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Flores Edward Ranch In Ft. Worth

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks for sharing this :tup: :salut: :cheers: It sure would be a good trip break the next time we need to go to Arkansas to visit my Wife's bunch :!:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Damon54
Cowboy

Re: Flores BBQ at Edward Ranch In Ft. Worth

Postby Damon54 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Some interesting news over in the Fort. The Pit Master responsible for Flores, Michael Wyont has proclaimed that city life does not agree with him. BBQ will however continue at this location and I am told that a deal has been reached for the two Mobergs to remain in place. Let’s hope they change very little else!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:28 pm

Smileys BBQ from Ponder is closing their trailer and setting up shop on Fridays at Panther Island Brewing for the month of September. They said they will announce a new location soon. Wonder if it is a coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:32 am

The developers and owners of the nearby Press Cafe have hired a Chef to take over. Great pains have been taken to say that everything is amicable between the 2 parties.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”